MPG 2013 laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRNAV1388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
hey guys i just bought a 2013 laramie crew cab 6.7 its already giving me decent mpg but i wanted to lift i and was hoping other members have done some mods that help mpg please let me know of any mods you guys recommend that will help

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Congrats on the new Cummins and welcome to the site! There really isn't anything that you can do at this point to get better mileage that you are already seeing. Since your '13 uses DEF for the REGENS you are already getting better mileage than i am with my '12. At least you have the benefit of your MPGs getting better as the engine breaks in.

The typical mods like intake and exhaust don't add much if any MPG gains on these trucks since they already have a free flow design. Adding a tuner could possibly help a little but i am not aware of anyone that has cracked the codes for the '13 diesels yet. and adding tuner adds the possibility of the dealer voiding your warranty. Disabling the EGR would help your MPGs but that is not really an option without a race tuner. Disabling without a tuner will throw a CEL (check engine light) and set the truck in limp mode.

That being said, these trucks look awesome lifted!! Can't wait to see what you do with yours. Would love to see pics when you get a chance

OP
OP
J

JRNAV1388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Thanks for all the helpful info I sure will I couldn't wait anymore its being lifted with a pro comp 6" long arm lift 22x12 gear alloy wheels and 325x12.5x22 nitto tires I also installed amp research steps it should be finished up tomorrow I hope

OP
OP
J

JRNAV1388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
i went with a short arm pro comp because as soon as i can I'm going to add pure performance long arms the ride is a little stiff but thats the price i pay for going 22s and 35s

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That is a great lift!! Truck looks awesome!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome aboard! I can't wait to see what else you do to it.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That looks great man!!

Keep It Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins ISB 6.7 L
Exactly what MPGs are you getting? 8, 10, 20 etc. what does the EVIC read?
Thanks!