New Cummins break-in under load?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
New to the forum, and new to Diesels....
2014 2500: 600 miles on the odo. Manuals say to break it in BEST under load for first 6000 miles. As I do not have a trailer YET, and it'll be a while.... I have about 1300 lbs of firewood in the bed. Is that enough load? I can probably add another 450lbs. Or are they talking about several tons of load?

Another guy was telling me to keep putting my foot into the throttle; liberally romping it as opportunity permits... to speed the break-in. Yes? No? other?

Thanks!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I don't know the answer to that question, but....

:welcome: :wave:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Romping the skinny pedal is not part of 'breaking it in under load'. It means towing or hauling weight. You bought an engine (and truck) that was designed to work. Obviously pulling around a loaded trailer would be perfect but 1300 lbs of firewood in the bed should do the trick too. The engine is broke in at the factory so goal here is to finish that process and let her show you how capable she is :)