New Here, drove my first Ram2500 today...disappointed....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
The OP says he had to press 3/4 on the throttle before getting a response. You all are mixing apples with oranges. That is TOTALLY NOT NORMAL and it has nothing to do with being a diesel or turbo lag. What he experienced is plain out of the ordinary. My stock 14 CTD is plenty responsive off the line.

Not really. My 2012 Hemi was like that and the throttle response was god awful. Cruising you could floor it then let off and the truck would do nothing...literally. That's when I got a tune and now the truck is a monster with amazing throttle response.

Hemi Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
Engine
I don't know much about the Cummings but I imagine it's drive by wire like the Hemi. Maybe the throttle needs to be calibrated like I had to do to mine once. I could actually push the throttle about 1/4 of the way before it would come off idle. Now all I have to do is blow on the peddle and it will rev a little.

Sent directly from my thoughts using tinfoil antennas and a stainless mixing bowl helmet.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It sounds like you two have mechanical issues if your gas truck lacks throttle response. Theres also no g in cummins. I hope people stop dredging this thread up lol

Last edited:

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Every single ram I have driven has been the same way. It's how they are programmed and like I said a tune or re-calibration fixes it. Not "dredging this thread up" just giving my info on what fixed it

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I agree, My RAM gets off the line JUST OK.

It doesn't bullet out, but I know its the torque management. No way RAM would allow its 800ft lbs of torque unrestricted through the drivetrain. Whether it can handle it or not, that much power going down is bound to break something.

If I slam the throttle from a dead stop, I can feel the hesitation, and once the truck is rolling it pulls really nice.