New owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey fellas I've had my truck for about two weeks now and have already racked on 1000 miles. The book says 7500 for the first oil change, but I usually change it at 1k. This is my first diesel, I know I'll be ok if I follow what the factory recommends but being extra cautious can't hurt. But is it worth it?

I was at Walmart and found rotella blend and synthetic. Do the trucks come with regular Dino oil from the factory?

Driving home tonight I noticed that the oil pressure in my evic reads numerically but the bar gauge is at zero. What would cause this?

And lastly I am deploying in a few weeks and will be gone for most of the year. I asked the dealer about how to store my truck while I'm gone. They said I could put some fuel treatment in but didn't recommend a brand. Any recommendations?

Cummins08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sea foam fuel treatment works great, a bit more pricey but you get what you pay for. I change the oil in my 3500 every 5k miles and use rotella 15w 40 Diesel oil and the rotella oil filter