SRT10, any owners on here? need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
Ahhh, I don't know of Sean Roe, I know Tony, thats why I threw his name up. He has built a couple of my friends SRT10's. I believe Tony is now working on my friend Mikes or atleast is was.

Without a doubt JTSVP has some great parts.. I am running his drop kit and Venom short shifter... The shifter is an absolute master piece!! I don't personaly have any of Seans parts but he definately knows his stuff.

Here is a link to his site for the supercharger if you want to take a look..
Roe Racing SRT-10 Ram Supercharger Kit,’04-’06 RC & QC

Awesome about your friends getting work done by him.. I wish I lived close enough to Stinker (Tony) to drop my truck off with him for a little Venom Treatment from the man himself!! I love to do my own work but still, he's almost legend when it comes to these trucks and the development of parts that make them even better!! I have talked with him on the phone and he's a pleasure to speak with and undoubtedly knows these trucks..

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
A Google search of John Hennessy can fill you in on why to avoid him, lol.

Trust me, between my friend having a Viper (the car) and me with my SRT we have seen and researched plenty of all around Viper info..we are both well aware of that overpriced thief.. But thanks for the heads up anyway...

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Without a doubt JTSVP has some great parts.. I am running his drop kit and Venom short shifter... The shifter is an absolute master piece!! I don't personaly have any of Seans parts but he definately knows his stuff.

Here is a link to his site for the supercharger if you want to take a look..
Roe Racing SRT-10 Ram Supercharger Kit,’04-’06 RC & QC

Awesome about your friends getting work done by him.. I wish I lived close enough to Stinker (Tony) to drop my truck off with him for a little Venom Treatment from the man himself!! I love to do my own work but still, he's almost legend when it comes to these trucks and the development of parts that make them even better!! I have talked with him on the phone and he's a pleasure to speak with and undoubtedly knows these trucks..

Actually, my friends live here in Tampa, lol...they get their trucks up to him and drop them off to work on....I tell them it must be nice, lol.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
Actually, my friends live here in Tampa, lol...they get their trucks up to him and drop them off to work on....I tell them it must be nice, lol.

LOL!! Yeah that would be nice!!.. I live up here in Kansas City Mo.. Thats not really a realistic option for me at all.. Granted, my SRT isn't my daily driver but still. But then I guess to drop it off with him would make for some great break in time on the way home!! LOL!

Not saying an SRT couldn't be a daily driver.. I don't think many people realize that the Viper engine is based on the original v10 truck engine Dodge had and that they handed that over to Lamborghini back when they owned them and had them make it more effecient and performance oriented. It is a rather reliable engine... And with a forged rotating assembly its simply a monster!

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
I got the sarcasm don't worry lol, i'm busting your balls. I considered an srt 10 pickup or even a viper myself because what young kid wouldn't want one right lol? Only thing that turned me away was the price of maintenance and performance parts, I couldn't keep up.

One thing I hear time and time again is to avoid John Hennessy at all costs.

Haha, I some how skipped over your comment the 1st time through.. I'm glad you got the sarcasm.. LOL!! I was begining to worry a bit. Thought I made a bunch of enemies in one swoop!! Oh, and I'm only :supergay: for Grey!!:leghump: LOL!! JK!! :3638400157_e7de35b0

Last edited:

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, lol...one of my buddies is a head pharmacist for a major drug store, he has the $$$...lol

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha, I some how skipped over your comment the 1st time through.. I'm glad you got the sarcasm.. LOL!! I was begining to worry a bit. Thought I made a bunch of enemies in one swoop!! Oh, and I'm only :supergay: for Grey!!:leghump: LOL!! JK!! :3638400157_e7de35b0

And the truth comes out hahah!

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
Yeah, lol...one of my buddies is a head pharmacist for a major drug store, he has the $$$...lol

Nice, not mad at him at all .. Head pharmacist? right on he earns his money!!

06srt10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.3 10 Cyl.
You will find the experts on the 10's are people that have never owned one, but they know a friend of a friend that saw one once. I have a 06 SRT-10 and a 05 Jeep GC with the 5.7 Hemi & it doesn't cost me any more to keep the 10 on the road than it does the GC 5.7. Both have tunes & are daily drivers. If you have one you know what your talking about, if you don't you don't have a clue.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will find the experts on the 10's are people that have never owned one, but they know a friend of a friend that saw one once. I have a 06 SRT-10 and a 05 Jeep GC with the 5.7 Hemi & it doesn't cost me any more to keep the 10 on the road than it does the GC 5.7. Both have tunes & are daily drivers. If you have one you know what your talking about, if you don't you don't have a clue.

I'm going to ask some questions here. I'm not trying to stir anything up...just trying to better understand your comparison. Are you running synthetic oil in both vehicles? Owners manuals for the Rams only recommend synthetic for the SRT10, 8.5 quarts compared to 7 quarts of non-synthetic for a 5.7 Hemi. Also, what kind/size of tires are you running on the vehicles? My experience with high speed rated tires on my Corvette is that you'll only get around 25,000 miles out of them and cost significantly more. And last, fuel economy...how far and what type of driving in each vehicle?

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
I'm going to ask some questions here. I'm not trying to stir anything up...just trying to better understand your comparison. Are you running synthetic oil in both vehicles? Owners manuals for the Rams only recommend synthetic for the SRT10, 8.5 quarts compared to 7 quarts of non-synthetic for a 5.7 Hemi. Also, what kind/size of tires are you running on the vehicles? My experience with high speed rated tires on my Corvette is that you'll only get around 25,000 miles out of them and cost significantly more. And last, fuel economy...how far and what type of driving in each vehicle?

I can't speak for 06srt10 but..

I can compare my RC Srt 10 to my QC 4X4 07 Hemi equipped ram(sold now)..

Both with Tunes, Headers, exhaust and other misc bolt ons so they are comparable enough.. Still apples to oranges though as they are 2 completely different beasts.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic in both(all my vehicles actually).. I just have to buy a couple more qts for th SRT than the Hemi at oil change.

I also ran the same brand and size tires on both..
305 45 22 Nitto 420S.. They run around 190-200 per tire.. I got a little more than 45000 miles out of mt last set..

Both driven to the same place(work 1 hour one way hwy drive).. My Hemi could pull about 19-20mpg on the highway and the SRT about 15-17mpg.. Mine is an 04RC with 4.10 gears and the 6 speed is a double overdrive.. It only turns 1400 rpm at 70mph. In town is the killer for my SRT but I tend to play with it a lot more.. Get about 9-11mpg in town with it.. All mileage is approximate, how much you play makes a big differance..

If I drive the SRT normal it actually does "decent" on fuel.. But mine is not my daily driver and its my "toy" when I get it out I want to play!!
But when I bought the Hemi I did not buy it for fuel economy and when I bought the SRT I bought it simply to mod and play with.. The fuel economy was not even a question. 500 hp and 525hp in stock trim with a 6 speed manual was all I really cared about.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's why I was asking specifics. If someone chooses to run a better oil than required or bigger tires or gears and then say it costs no more to maintain an SRT10, it's not really a fair comparison, in my opinion. Just out of curiosity, how many miles can you get out of a high speed rated set of tires on your SRT10?

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
I can't answer that.. my SRT isn't driven very often and only has 37000 miles on it..and when I play hard with it a have a set of 07 20s I bolt to it so I dont destroy my 22s prematurely.... so I've not had a chance to wear out a set of tires on it from normal use..
Since I ran the exact same tires on my Hemi though I would guess under normal driving conditions about the same.. 45-50,000 miles.. Of course with anything that depends on the tires you choose and how you drive it. In my case Nitto 420s. I have had good luck with 3 different sets of these tires.. And thats why I replaced the Perelli tires that came on the SRT with the Nittos...

Last edited:

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
Well I guess I have to chime in ............ Mine was for sale changed my mind ......

2004 there were 3027 made and when they went white there were 200 made. Mine is # 253 of 3027 I have owned it for seven years I get 9.5 MPG in the city and 14 highway. Top speed 153 MPH with 4:11 gears going to 4:88's in the near future.
1/4 mile low to mid 12's ...... Should do a bit better with the 88's.

Tony is the guy to go to for parts ......... Justin from JMB performance also has parts that are well done. Here is my mod listing ......

Basics
2004 SRT-10 RC
8.3 liter V-10
Wheels - 22”X 10.5” Aluminum, & Tires - 305X40X22” Pirelli’s
Tremec T-56 - 6 Speed Std. Transmission
Dana 80 4:11 Rear
500 Watt 7 Speaker Infinity Audio w/12” woofer
Upgraded to RB4 w/Nav Unit
With Mods 600+ FWHP, Top Speed 153 MPH

Performance
5 Tube Ceramic Coated Bassani Headers
3.0” JMB Mid Pipes with High Flow Cats
3.0” Magnaflow Exhaust w/4” Exits
X-Metal 74 mm Throttle Body
Centerforce Dual friction Clutch and Press-Plate
All Steel Viper ***** Cylinder upgrade
SCT – Tune – w/Max. HP Tune – Dyno Reference
Powdered Red JMB Cold Air Induction Kit w/Catch can
Performance Friction carbon metallic Brake Pads
B & M short throw 6 Speed narrow pattern shifter
170 Deg T-stat w/powdered red housing
JTVSP Hi-performance coils, and Plug wires
JTVSP Plug wire loom kit

Suspension:
Rear Drop - Lowered 2.5”
Front Drop - Lowered 1.5”
With JMB Powdered Red End link drop kit’s
Cal-Trac Powdered Red Traction Bars
Exterior
MV Performance Viper Louvered Hood
Billet Chrome Hood Grille
Viper Powered Hood Labels - Gold on Black
JMB Hood Skull Emblem - Black on Gold
Rear Bed Strips w/Viper Skull – Gold on Black
Viper Skull Rear Window Graphic – Gold on Red
Tailgate Viper Lettering – Gold on Red
Plain License Plate Frame – Gold
Antenna Spacer Flame Red
All Dodge Badges removed – one on Tailgate SRT-10
Tint = 5% Rear Window – 15% Side Windows
Black Roll-and-Lock Bed Cover & Powdered Black Roll Cover
JTVSP Venom Rim Center Caps w/Viper Skull Red inset
Wiperless windshield w/Black stud caps
Dual Cal-Vue Powered/heated Mirrors – Red
Recon Digital Smoked Tail lights
Recon Night Shaded 3rd Brake light
Recon Projector Smoked Headlights w/Halo’s
Recon Smoked Halo fog lights
Triple Gauge Pod w/ Oil Temp, Shift Light-RPM, Multi-Gauge.

Under Hood Stuff
JMB Radiator Cover Brushed Stainless/Red lettering
JMB Fuse Box Cover Brushed Stainless/Red lettering
Under Hood Chrome Bolt dress up kit
Chrome Viper Skull Oil Filler Cap
Chrome Viper Skull Dip stick handle
All Reservoirs Painted High Gloss Black
6 Reservoir Covers are Turned Brass w/ clear coat
Chrome top of the motor bolt kit
Billet Chrome Hood Strut Covers
Polished Stainless “Viper” Valve Cover Lettering
Powdered Red T-stat Housing
Powdered Red Top Rad. Hard Pipe
Billet Chrome Gas Cable Bracket
Black Powdered Intake w/Viper Graphics
Braided JTVSP Oil Lines
Braided JTVSP Power Steering Lines
JTVSP Hi-Temp Red Boot Covers

This is one of those vehicles that you get goosebumps every time you drive it ... pics below....

IMG_0584sss.jpg

Build-5sss.jpg

Build-3sss.jpg

Jim

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
2004 there were 3027 made and when they went white there were 200 made.
Dana 80 4:11 Rear
Top Speed 153 MPH

Jim

Sorry, and with all due respect :) I have to add, possibly correct a couple things.. These trucks simply have too much mis info out there... And I am kind of a numbers nerd, so if I may.. By the way Jim, your truck is beautiful!!

Did you change your rear axle to Dana 80?

This info isn't directed at you specificly Jim.. So please don't take this as a direct flame or anything negative... It is for any one that would like to know..

In 2004 there were 3057 made and the white commemorative edition was made in 2005. You are correct there were 200 white RCs built
2005 also brought along the Yellow Fever edition (200 RCs and 300 QCs)

2004- 3057 total built - Only regular cabs were built the first year
Black- 1269
Red - 1040
Silver- 698
Blue- 50 (this was the blue and white striped VCA edition)

2005- 4097 total built
Black- 471 RCs / 1136 QCs / 1607 total
Red- 453 RCs / 777 QCs / 1230 total
Silver- 280 RCs / 280 QCs / 560 total
White- 200 RCs / 0 QCs / 200 total CE Edition
Yellow- 200 RCs / 300 QCs / 500 total Yellow Fever Edition

2006- 2373 built - This was the final year of production
Brilliant Black- 220 RCs / 465 QCs / 685 Total
Inferno Red - 221 RCs / 417 QCs / 638 Total
Mineral Gray - 131 RCs / 310 QCs / 441 Total
Black - 87 RCs / 93 QCs / 180 Total
Red - 7 RCs / 8 QCs / 15 Total
Silver - 6 RCs / 8 QCs / 14 Total
Night Runner- 200 RCs/ 200 QCs / 400 Total

The 2004 was equipped with 4.10 gears and the 2005 and 2006 models came with 4.56 gears and upgraded brakes... They ALL had Dana 60 rear axles. But the SRT Dana 60 IS different than what is found under a 3/4 ton truck.

The worlds fastest production truck world record was broken in 04 by the SRT Ram with an average speed of 154.587

On a personal note.. I too plan to change to 4.88 gears.. I have 305 45s mounted on my truck and it only turns 1400 rpm at 70 in 6th.. I'm looking forward to the 4.88s getting installed!

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
Sorry, and with all due respect :) I have to add, possibly correct a couple things.. These trucks simply have too much mis info out there... And I am kind of a numbers nerd, so if I may.. By the way Jim, your truck is beautiful!!

Did you change your rear axle to Dana 80?

This info isn't directed at you specificly Jim.. So please don't take this as a direct flame or anything negative... It is for any one that would like to know..

In 2004 there were 3057 made and the white commemorative edition was made in 2005. You are correct there were 200 white RCs built
2005 also brought along the Yellow Fever edition (200 RCs and 300 QCs)

2004- 3057 total built - Only regular cabs were built the first year
Black- 1269
Red - 1040
Silver- 698
Blue- 50 (this was the blue and white striped VCA edition)

2005- 4097 total built
Black- 471 RCs / 1136 QCs / 1607 total
Red- 453 RCs / 777 QCs / 1230 total
Silver- 280 RCs / 280 QCs / 560 total
White- 200 RCs / 0 QCs / 200 total CE Edition
Yellow- 200 RCs / 300 QCs / 500 total Yellow Fever Edition

2006- 2373 built - This was the final year of production
Brilliant Black- 220 RCs / 465 QCs / 685 Total
Inferno Red - 221 RCs / 417 QCs / 638 Total
Mineral Gray - 131 RCs / 310 QCs / 441 Total
Black - 87 RCs / 93 QCs / 180 Total
Red - 7 RCs / 8 QCs / 15 Total
Silver - 6 RCs / 8 QCs / 14 Total
Night Runner- 200 RCs/ 200 QCs / 400 Total

The 2004 was equipped with 4.10 gears and the 2005 and 2006 models came with 4.56 gears and upgraded brakes... They ALL had Dana 60 rear axles. But the SRT Dana 60 IS different than what is found under a 3/4 ton truck.

The worlds fastest production truck world record was broken in 04 by the SRT Ram with an average speed of 154.587

On a personal note.. I too plan to change to 4.88 gears.. I have 305 45s mounted on my truck and it only turns 1400 rpm at 70 in 6th.. I'm looking forward to the 4.88s getting installed!

No offense taken Everett .......

You got a pretty sweet ride yourself Sir.

And your absolutely right about a lot of misconceptions on these Trucks.

Set em straight Bud, I'm with ya ..... Next mod 4:88's SOON ...... I don't need to go 153 mph, Just want to get to 140 very fast.

Thanks

Jim

TXCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Get one. You wont be disappointed. There is nothing out there like them, a unique experience. The V-10 growl gets your adrenaline pumping every time. The only mods I've done are B&B headers/exhaust (they were expensive, but could not pass up the quality and sound), Roe Throttle Body, Volant, and Roe SCT tune, and I'm done - its perfect for me. Mods are awesome tho, seems like everything you bolt on has a huge impact. Mine is a weekend driver. I never drag it - just take it on twisties in the country. for me it isnt practical to drive it daily. Hwy I get 10-12mpg. Traffic is another story. I work 15 miles away from home, but in houston traffic its 45 minutes and easy to burn a 1/4 tank round trip - premium. 7mpg while I'm pushing it on the back roads. Tires are 250/ea for BFG g-Force and last me 20k. Oil changes arent too bad $wise if you do them yourself. everything else is more, but not outrageously more. You have 10 cylinders and a bad@ truck. Plus you can always change your mind after you get one, they hold their value pretty well and they do have a market, so low risk in my book. Hope you find the one youre looking for