17 PW Laramies??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thinking about biting the bullet and buying a truck I've always wanted. Who has one and what do you think of them? Pros, Cons?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think you'd regret buying a PW. Maybe sacrificing some MPGs but who cares... It's a power wagon!

tim57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Love my 2015 Laramie PW. To me it is the ultimate luxury monster truck. You don't buy a race car for gas mileage, the PW is no race car but has plenty of power from the factory. Some guys still want to mode it and make even more bad ass. One of the deciding factors for me was you really don't need to spend another 10 grand to make it one of the most off road capable trucks on the market. You really can't compare this truck to anything but a hard core Rubicon off road. The only down side to this truck is a limited tow haul capability due to the spring set up for off road articulation. I do like that it rides more like a 1500 because off the linear springs. For me it is more than adequate for my needs pulling my toy hauler just about anywhere I want to go in any weather or road surface. I really don't think you will find allot of PW owners that regret there choice in buying one!

Chigurh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have one at the dealership I bought my truck at and it looked impressive. I've watched some videos on youtube of Power Wagons and it looks like it's a really capable off road truck. Most folks only complaint is mileage, not sure what people are expecting when they buy a truck that big and that heavy.

turnerje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about biting the bullet and buying a truck I've always wanted. Who has one and what do you think of them? Pros, Cons?

They don't have the Laramie Power Wagons for 2017 (you cannot build them online). I think they replaced it with the Leather group. I have mine on order and had to get leather.

turnerje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my 2015 Laramie PW. To me it is the ultimate luxury monster truck. You don't buy a race car for gas mileage, the PW is no race car but has plenty of power from the factory. Some guys still want to mode it and make even more bad ass. One of the deciding factors for me was you really don't need to spend another 10 grand to make it one of the most off road capable trucks on the market. You really can't compare this truck to anything but a hard core Rubicon off road. The only down side to this truck is a limited tow haul capability due to the spring set up for off road articulation. I do like that it rides more like a 1500 because off the linear springs. For me it is more than adequate for my needs pulling my toy hauler just about anywhere I want to go in any weather or road surface. I really don't think you will find allot of PW owners that regret there choice in buying one!

Your post is what I've been looking for. Someone that tows a toy hauler with their power wagon. I have a power wagon on order. I plan on getting a half-ton compatible toy hauler after this is paid off. How much does your toy hauler weigh? Is it a bumper pull?

tim57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
I have a White Water 819, 20' dual axle toyhauler. 3800# empty, 3400# load capacity. 600# tongue weight. I do use a weight distribution hitch with built in sway control. My PW pulls it like it's not even behind me. I use to pull it with a 2013 Tacoma equipped with firestone air bags, it pulled very well even in the mountains. I do tow equipment trailers with loads up to 9000# with some squat without the weight distribution hitch. It's all in the right set up, I wouldn't recommend towing anything heavy without a weight distribution hitch, especially long distance highway speeds. I am upgrading to a 29' toyhauler with a gross weight close to 9000#, and I will be installing long travel air bags.

XPLSV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They don't have the Laramie Power Wagons for 2017 (you cannot build them online). I think they replaced it with the Leather group. I have mine on order and had to get leather.

I noticed the website won't let you build a Laramie Power Wagon online, but they are showing up on dealership lots.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a new 17 PW and am loving it. :happy107: I think the Laramie package is going to have the chrome bumpers and grille, I prefer the the black bumpers and grille on the PW package. As for MPG so-far I am getting the same as my F250 w/ the 6.2 and now I have 4.10's, better ride and more power for me the wagon is just a better all around truck. The payload and hauling is the only down side but I don't haul a lot all the time so it really is a non-issue for me, when I buy my TT I will find something in my weight limits.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I will be installing long travel air bags.

I have been looking for long travel air bags for my 2017 PW and have not seen any, have you found them for your 2015 PW?

I have been thinking about the Boss air bags on Ebay they list them for the Ram with up to a 2" lift including the PW and they offer a taller bag for trucks with a 4-6" lift.

Thanks.

tim57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
I just ordered boss air bags for my PW. I will be using daystar cradles, to not limit axle travel.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just ordered boss air bags for my PW. I will be using daystar cradles, to not limit axle travel.

I would love to hear how they workout with daystar cardles. I have been thing about doing the same thing on my 2017, but when I look at the axle the travel stop are not line up straight, so I am not sure how well it or if it will work.

Towjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

Pros: Your hammer will grow by 2 inches.
Cons: None. Other than the fact that every raptor and Toyota retard will try and drag race you.

Blbjs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you order in the dealer they should be able to get a Laramie. I ordered mine an have the Laramie wagon that is a 2017. Maybe it's the time that I ordered it.

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
How are the air bags and where did you get them from???????:superhack:

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Then there's alot of miss prints.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170908-092935.jpg
    Screenshot_20170908-092935.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20170908-092813.jpg
    Screenshot_20170908-092813.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 71

scoutpappa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 dodge power wagon
Engine
The 2017's only come with the new grill. Is it possible that they are doing what used to happen when they state the year by when it's sold. My IH Scouts have that issue.

TexasTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
None
What is everyone paying for new 17 PWs? I talked to two dealerships and got them to $51,563 + tax (6.25%). That's with the Leather Luxury Group and remote start which is a must for me.