2014 power wagons being held at plant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2014 power wagon that has been in inspection since last thursday.When i asked dealer about it they said they had inquired about it and all power wagons were being held in containment but didnt know why. Any thoughts on this already sold my truck and now this Ram is starting to **** me off. Maybe I should of kept my ford any help would be great

6.4 dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2014 power wagon that has been in inspection since last thursday.When i asked dealer about it they said they had inquired about it and all power wagons were being held in containment but didnt know why. Any thoughts on this already sold my truck and now this Ram is starting to **** me off. Maybe I should of kept my ford any help would be great

I ordered my 6.4 2500 back in November. It was held up a couple extra weeks in Mexico for Q/A. Seems anytime something new rolls of the line there are extra checks, trying to make sure they are perfect.

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Patience, Grasshoppa.

You'd rather they check em out good and catch any potential issues, rather than just ship it to ya with a little/no quality assurance.

At least i would anyway.

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
Patience, Grasshoppa.

You'd rather they check em out good and catch any potential issues, rather than just ship it to ya with a little/no quality assurance.

At least i would anyway.

Ditto! Patience is a virtue, as they say...

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish they would have held my Express a few more weeks for QA :p

OP
OP
W

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I hear ya on the patience but i also like keeping a schedule. They are already gonna be three weeks late if they sipped today. No big deal but i sold my ford last week. Now no truck and late for a demo to railroad contractor for high rail gear equals pissed.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly it's probably because they found a problem on them. Instead of doing a full blown recall they hold them there and fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hang in there brother. I understand the frustration.

They set a timeline, you sign your life away on the dotted line, and that should be honored in the highest regard.

That said, what is coming down the rail is likely THE most comfortable, capable and reliable vehicle ever to roll onto the lot.

My '13 is incredible. And it gets USED. It gets compliments anywhere I go, from the gas stops to those who I help winch out when they get in over their heads on technical trails to RVs tugged out who were simply buried on the local beach.

Crawls like a Mountain Goat on slick rock, A/C on, Sat Radio pumping, never even spilling my sodi pop getting vertical on "trails" that leave modded up jeeps and some stout Blazers sitting at the bottom scratching their heads.

Biggest "Mod" is airing down to 25fr / 20rr to smooth the ride, eliminate the wheel hop in deep sand. That alone turns it into a complete animal. Air it back up, hook up the trailer, fill the bed with gear and do 1000k of highway running in pure comfort. It spoils you, and makes the average driver look like a hero.

Good times are coming. Don't let a little delay ruin your experience before it even gets started.

Last edited:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i read something in the news awhile back that manufactures are having a hard time securing trains to move them. something about a shortage of car carriers and trains being filled up with oil tanks. i believe it said there's a backlog of like 80k vehicles in MI alone

OP
OP
W

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Update still no movement and insult to injury my boss said he couldn't trust delayed trucks.So he ordered twenty fords hopefully my truck gets moving it is still in inspection.Shame could of been twenty rams i know the power wagon is twice the truck.

wyohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update still no movement and insult to injury my boss said he couldn't trust delayed trucks.So he ordered twenty fords hopefully my truck gets moving it is still in inspection.Shame could of been twenty rams i know the power wagon is twice the truck.

Howdy-Found ya on here too. My PW is in IL, was not into inspection like yours and we were what, 4 days apart? on the rail now to Colorado then home 1st of July 1st +-! Yours I bet is on the train outta mexico now too. Your still two weeks out I bet

I will do a super close check list and then report back here and the other forums. I would love to know what they looked at on yours but not mine. We are different trim levels (I'm Laramie) so I hope that is all it was.

Locker bypass (when I find one), exhaust and bullydog when released.

OP
OP
W

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hoping they stop using my truck as a break room and ship soon.Let me know how you like yours when you get it.

Twinsrdabest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4L
I ordered my '14 wagon back on April 23rd is when the order was sent out and was keeping in contact with my dealer the whole time, on July 17th i went in to the dealership because it was supposed to be here by the 13th they had told me and I got no response, so I went into the dealership and they said it was still at the vendor supply place, they said that as soon as it says it's on its way they would call me immediately. Well I never heard anything back so yesterday I emailed the RAM division directly asking for a more detailed update on what was happening and they said that the 21st of this month it was now in route to my dealership and should be here by the 11th. I got way better information from the RAM customer support than I did my own dealership, and after putting 35k down I was hoping that I may be on their top priority list as far as information comes in. Rant over lol.

timber man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Power Wagon
Engine
Just got my power wagon and it is a beast! Tad thirsty but capable, worth the wait

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my power wagon and it is a beast! Tad thirsty but capable, worth the wait

I'm glad yours is only a "tad" thirsty my '13 is a full blown "gutter crawling wino"
I love it but I'm thinking of marrying into a Saudi family just to get a fuel discount. :naughty: