2016 power wagon questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys im new to these trucks. just bought a 2016 power wagon Laramie few days ago and theyre damn nice trucks. had to go out of state about 300 miles to get it and pretty much the whole drive back home on the highway the engine temp gauge was fluctuating up and down between 185*-210*. is this normal ? never seen this on any other vehicle. everything still worked fine and ran good. the following day I drove it around town for a few hours and it stayed consistently around 210* which is what I would expect. haven't really got it out on the highway again yet to see if the gauge fluctuates like before.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it's a new truck but check the antifreeze level in both the radiator and overflow tank. Check it in the morning after it sat all night and is cold so you don't burn yourself

OP
OP
C

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
coolant level is fine. I think I may have figured out why the gauge was moving eratic on the highway, a faulty fan clutch kicking the fan off and on while I was driving. after further driving around town I started hearing a loud noise like a jet engine when you accelerate from a stop and I think its the fan. possibly the fan clutch not working properly or then again maybe its normal but it sure is loud. ill do some more investigation into this because it doesn't seem normal from past experiences with other vehicles ive had

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be able to hear a distinctive sound like you described when the fan clutch is activated. It's just a matter of when it's active. It shouldn't be all the time