Added LED backup lights today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I added LED backup lights today. I wasn't sure where to mount them, I thought maybe I would cut them into the rear bumpers. I ended up mounting them underneath the tail gate. I used a rotary saw and Dremel tool. I wired them to automatically come on in reverse, but can turn them on anytime with a manual switch.

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,326

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
very nice!

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Cool idea, can you post a pic of them at night? Maybe a pic from the side view mirror in cab?

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I like your truck. Throw some black rims on there and it might be my favourite truck in the whole world.

I wish mine had Ram boxes. That's the one option I would kill to have

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Beautiful looking truck you have there, bet that trailer was bouncing around on the way to the site.

Nice location for the lights as well.

OP
OP
Riskwriter101

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool idea, can you post a pic of them at night? Maybe a pic from the side view mirror in cab?

These LED's are very bright. I might point them down more towards the ground. They are at windshield eye level. It would be a shame if the lights were to turn on and blind a tailgating car. :naughty:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Riskwriter101

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Such a bad ass truck... Black wheels and you're GOLDEN!

Hey Thanks! I really like this truck. My last ride was a 2007 FJ Cruiser. I liked it but they just lack the Power of a 3/4 ton. This beast seems to do everything pretty well and it dosent feel like a toy.

OP
OP
Riskwriter101

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful looking truck you have there, bet that trailer was bouncing around on the way to the site.

Nice location for the lights as well.

The trailer not only bounced around but I hit a large piece of granite on that trip which broke off front right stabilizer jack and tore out the trailers black tank plumbing. STINKY. Luckily, I was able to fix it with hand tools. If you zoom in on the front right of the trailer you can see my trucks bottle jack stabilizing it.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hit a large piece of granite on that trip which broke off front right stabilizer jack and tore out the trailers black tank plumbing.

:signs16: Awww Dayum. That is one of my all time worst fears when I take my Class C RV out, as the tanks are so low in the back, I am always afraid I am going to rip it open, or the valves off as I get pretty crazy, taking it places it really should not be in.

Glad it was on the way IN, not on the way OUT, as it would have much more Um, "Material" in it. Argh.

OP
OP
Riskwriter101

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:signs16: Awww Dayum. That is one of my all time worst fears when I take my Class C RV out, as the tanks are so low in the back, I am always afraid I am going to rip it open, or the valves off as I get pretty crazy, taking it places it really should not be in.

Glad it was on the way IN, not on the way OUT, as it would have much more Um, "Material" in it. Argh.

That is so true. However, even "material free" tanks are so nasty! I couldn't wait to complete that repair and be DONE! Anyways, I didn't mean to get off track from this post. I get sidetracked too easily. Must be my advanced age or senility. LOL