AEV Lift kit for PWs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1RD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 PW
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone installed this kit or heard of anyone installing it? I'd like to lift mine, but most of he discussion here is to level the front end. It seems like everyone wants to wait for Thuren, but there's no feedback on what's out there, on any forum for that matter. The AEV kit states its 3" and from what I understand the PW is already 2" taller so maybe the lift isn't worth it to most folks. I know AEV makes a really good lift for Jeeps (had one recently) so just wondering why there's no discussion on lifting PWs...struggling with what to do. Ultimate goal is 37s but I see a lot of issues with leveling kits out there...any advice? Shut up and leave my PW the way it is? Did I buy the wrong truck and should have got a regular 2500 and put a lift and winch on it?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
The problem with the AEV lift is that to gain an inch, you have to downgrade to the regular 2500's heavier, progressive springs. PW's have lighter, linear rate springs for good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JB1RD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 PW
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Fair point and makes sense...but it takes me to the leveling question. There's very little discussion about pros/cons, recommendations, etc from others that have done so. Pics and or ideas would be hugely beneficial. The other threads that talk about kits seem to be short lived or just lack depth in helpful inputs. Not trying to be a ******** but I genuinely would appreciate any/all advice. Promise not to be offended!

HEMI-ALERT!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Spacers dude!...
I believe most kits are spacers added atop of springs. And lowering bracket stuff to keep steering and drivetrain to factory spec. (Are those brackets/bolts/hardware up to factory spec?..any parts from China?:crazy:). That crap worries me. PW has exclusive "Articulink" front suspension.That matter?. Read PW has progressive rear springs too, unlike other Ram 2500's. That is y payload and towing suc..."Off-road oriented vehicle... blah blah blah". :baby: So, would a 1" spacers up front lift you and not mess w/ geometry? ...:biggun:

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Spacers dude!...

I believe most kits are spacers added atop of springs. And lowering bracket stuff to keep steering and drivetrain to factory spec. (Are those brackets/bolts/hardware up to factory spec?..any parts from China?:crazy:). That crap worries me. PW has exclusive "Articulink" front suspension.That matter?. Read PW has progressive rear springs too, unlike other Ram 2500's. That is y payload and towing suc..."Off-road oriented vehicle... blah blah blah". :baby: So, would a 1" spacers up front lift you and not mess w/ geometry? ...:biggun:

Linear rate springs all the way around on PWs, unlike the other 2500s, which get progressive springs. You have it flipped.

OP, Thuren Fabrication just finished their lift kits for Power Wagons, which would be a good option. It actually comes with longer, lighter rate springs than the Wagon already has, which would further degrade the towing/hauling performance, but screw it, we're talking about lifting a PW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEMI-ALERT!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Ooops..single-rate it is. Thx for correction. Hope PW @ this years SEMA show throws fans a bone with a cool lift. :dogpile:

Blue Streak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 POWER WAGON & 1979 W150
Engine
6.4L HEMI & 440 Wedge
When the time comes, I'll be going with Thuren's King 2.5 system. It only lifts the front 1.5" and leaves the back about where it is. With that said, this looks to be by far the best performing kit that I have seen for the Power Wagon. And it allows you to run 37"s.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When the time comes, I'll be going with Thuren's King 2.5 system. It only lifts the front 1.5" and leaves the back about where it is. With that said, this looks to be by far the best performing kit that I have seen for the Power Wagon. And it allows you to run 37"s.

Thuren's kit is probably the best bang for the dollar. And the best you can buy. I'll be going that route myself.

The problem with AEV's lift kit, is that it's a spacer lift with crap shocks, and requiring you to give up flex and buying stock springs. It's a spacer lift and a terribly overpriced one at that. All their talk about maintaining factory ride is nonsense, and everyone knows it.

:favorites13: