Backup camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonitza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm loving my new to me 2013 power wagon but have a question about the backup camera. When I put the truck in reverse the picture shows up in the rear view mirror. Is there anyway to make the picture show up in the nav screen. I have found in setting the cargo camera picture which shows up in the nav screen but nothing for the backup camera.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I believe it's doing that because the radio only has one video input and your cargo camera is using it. You would have to move your feed wires to chance it or buy a video input switch with multiple inputs but you still will need to move wires.

Chrisy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For safety reasons I don't think wanting to watch a screen instead of the road at hand may not be a great ise

TXpowerWG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That must be something in the older 2013 model
My new '17 has both cameras and you have the option to switch to the cargo cam from the backup cam (default) by touching the cargo cam icon on the nav screen. There's no feed to the mirror on my truck.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That must be something in the older 2013 model
My new '17 has both cameras and you have the option to switch to the cargo cam from the backup cam (default) by touching the cargo cam icon on the nav screen. There's no feed to the mirror on my truck.

It changed in 2016. Previously the radio only supported one camera and thr second was in the mirror.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It changed in 2016. Previously the radio only supported one camera and thr second was in the mirror.

That's good to know. So one can add a second camera to the 2016 and up 8.4 radio, I am guessing you would need to take it in to the dealer for a firmware update for the second camera.

Thanks

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's good to know. So one can add a second camera to the 2016 and up 8.4 radio, I am guessing you would need to take it in to the dealer for a firmware update for the second camera.

Thanks

If you already have a cargo cam and a backup cam you would just need to install the new radio and reroute the camera signal. If you're trying to add a cargo cam, though, the BCM will need that option added. The dealer can only do it if it is in their system for your VIN, which is unlikely. Most folks end up with a RAX jailbreak or OBDGenie.