Considering 2012 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As title state I may be looking into a 2012 PW Laramie, stuffed!!! I originally was looking for a diesel put Im not sure I can pass on this BEAST! My question is what are some realistic MPGs you guys are getting with these? Obviously we dont buy big trucks for MPG but its something to consider when dropping an extra 10k over my current 09 1500, a diesel is obviously better in that area.. Any help is appreciated

OP
OP
Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Heres the one Im looking at, its only about an 1hr or so from me and 30k seems like a damn good deal for 60k miles on it. Looking for some insight on current PW owners or even HEMI 2500 owners on what to expect. I get about 12 city but up to 18-19hwy, obviously not expecting that hwy but trying to consider my options.

01.jpg

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
To me a little pricey for a vehicle going on 3 years of age. If it was a Cummins, I would say go for it! Diesels have a better resale value than a gasser, I would consider getting a new one. Ram has made some changes and upgrades to the truck, including the Hemi engine. I test drove a 14 model Power Wagon with 35's, leveling kit, they powder coated the stock wheels black, magnaflow muffler cut just past the axle. The truck was black with red lettering for the Power Wagon decals. I was very impressed with the new 6.4 Hemi engine and the ride quality,that's saying alot I'm a hardcore diesel fanatic!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Perhaps it is me, but that price sounds very fair for a legitimate Power Wagon, with those miles and of that year.

Problem is, there is something fishy looking about that truck... the paint, the hood decal, the fender markings, the painted door handles and chrome mirror covers.

Ask to see proof it has never been in a major accident. And if so, what other repairs were done to it, in addition to all the cosmetic work and repaint.

Love mine, but want others to have good experiences instead of being scammed by dealerships and second hand lots that buy crashed vehicles at auction, clean them up and re-sell them as "near new", with untold prior damage and a bad history.

Be careful.