Death wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today as I was driving to work, my truck started shaking insanely crazy... I let off the gas and slowed down quite a bit and it finally straightened out... Could this be a steering stabilizer problem perhaps or something a bit more into it..... Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
A steering stabilizer helps keep everything in check but will never be the direct cause of death wobble. A properly built and tuned suspension shouldn't even need a steering stabilizer when it comes to that.
It's likely that something is worn out causing the issue. The first thing to check is the track bar bushings. From there I'd check the tie rod ends and drag link.

OP
OP
allenw88

allenw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A steering stabilizer helps keep everything in check but will never be the direct cause of death wobble. A properly built and tuned suspension shouldn't even need a steering stabilizer when it comes to that.
It's likely that something is worn out causing the issue. The first thing to check is the track bar bushings. From there I'd check the tie rod ends and drag link.
Ok thanks... I'll look into that... Good thing I'm working at orielly I guess.. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hdwrenchtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that happen to me in my work truck. It was a broken belt in a tire

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had it and the dealership replaced the steering stabilizer on my '12. Hasn't come back.