Lifted the Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Guy's,I really like the way the truck looks now.

I'll put bigger tires on it next round,I just wanted to play it safe since I've only seen a couple of these trucks lifted,and I didn't want to loose any of the trucks articulation ability.

I've been talking with Rancho,and their engineering dept. called me after I emailed them some photo's of the issue's that I told them about.
They admitted that they haven't lifted a 2011-12 Power Wagon,and they are working with me to lower the rear suspension to where it should be. They also were not aware of the skid plate crossmember near the rear driveshaft,and want me to send photo's of my solution to that problem.

As soon as we get a break from this 100*+ heat,I'll get under there,and modify the crossmember so the driveshaft will have plenty of clearance from it.

It's nice to know that there are companies that still have excellent customer service for their products,and Rancho is one of those companies.
I should get my replacement lift blocks/U-bolts delivered in a couple days.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Glad to see that they are willing to work with you. Love your truck. It's making me want a power power Wagon now. Next time around I think that's the route I'm going.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

Cherrycreekted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you having any high speed shakes with this lift my buddy said I need to use this with the long arm upgrade. Before I order that I wanted to see your feed back the lift will be on by tomorrow

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The kit should come with new control arms and everything you

I would avoid long arms as you'll have to cut and weld new mounting points and they arent necessary unless your really serious about off roading (especially rock crawling)

OP
OP
T

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you having any high speed shakes with this lift my buddy said I need to use this with the long arm upgrade. Before I order that I wanted to see your feed back the lift will be on by tomorrow

My truck drives just fine,no "Death Wobble",it runs 70-75mph just like the factory suspension did.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
That do look good.

WillisRanches

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks great!! What type of step rails do you have on that and how well do they work? Looks like the one's I am looking at getting for my dad's truck.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We spent the last couple days lifting the truck. I used the Rancho 4" kit,and put some 35" Cooper STT's on the factory wheels.

The Pitman arm must have been put on by King Kong,the guy's broke 3 Pitman arm removing tools,and 2 impact sockets getting the factory arm off the gear box.
Then when we tried to install the new control arms,we find out that Dodge changed the bolt size and they are too big to go through the bushing sleeves.
So after talking to Rancho,I decided to take the sleeves to a machine shop and have them drilled out so the bolts will fit.
I already knew the drivers side exhaust will have to be modified to clear the front driveshaft,so that wasn't a surprise.

The rear end was the biggest surprise. The rear skid plate crossmember will need to be modified before the truck goes off-road. The driveshaft barely clears it setting on the ground,so I'll have to cut out the center section of the crossmember,and then weld in a driveshaft loop to ensure the driveshaft won't get damaged,and the crossmember is still functional.
Then after installing the rear blocks,and setting the truck back on all four tires,I notice that the rear is a whole lot higher than the front-2.5" higher.
So now,I will have to either replace the blocks with lower ones,or take out all of the short stack leafs that Dodge uses for a lift block on the Power Wagons.
The photo in the Rancho instructions shows the block is installed under these,so that was the way we did it.

I'm not trying to put down Rancho in any way,but they need to stay on top of any changes that the mfg's do to each year of vehicle that they sell lift kits for,and then include those changes in their kits.

Anyway,I love the way the truck looks and drives.The ride is a little firmer than stock,and the tire do make a little noise on the highway,but not too much. As soon as I can get the few things modified,I'll take it out for some dirt/mud testing,if we ever get any rain.

Before-
010-1.jpg

After-
001-1.jpg

Truck looks really good. What brand bumper guard is that? I really like the way it lines up.

OP
OP
T

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great!! What type of step rails do you have on that and how well do they work? Looks like the one's I am looking at getting for my dad's truck.

They are N-Fab step bars.
I really like them,they are very well built and will support your weight very well.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
love the truck! beefy!

njedrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What grill guard is that? I like the way it looks without being too obtrusive.