New forum member - future PW owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laguna_PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.5 Turbo Diesel
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.

I own a 1997 A M General H1 Hummer 6.5 Turbo Diesel. The truck is a monster, monstrously fun to drive, monstrously capable off road and monstrously expensive to maintain and keep in good running order.

So, the latter being the case, I am very seriously considering selling the H1 and getting a brand new Power Wagon.

I have been doing some research about the PW and so far I'm loving what I am learning about these trucks.

My first question is this: I read on Wikipedia that the previous generation (I think the one with the 5.7 liter Hemi) had a limited slip rear diff. Does the current model have that too?

Looking forward to learning more about the Power Wagon :)

OP
OP
L

Laguna_PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.5 Turbo Diesel
Here is another question about the 2015 / 2016 PW:

How is the transmission and transfer case cooled? Do they have separate cooling circuits and separate coolers or is this some form of integrated setup where they run their lines through the main radiator?

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Welcome aboard! As a Commander owner also, I'm part of the Hummer Recovery Team! icon10.gif

hummer_team_tshirt.jpg

I LIKE to park next to them... they're usually afraid to park next to me, though... icon12.gif

0905150850_zps0lefad6x.jpg

Look forward to your Dodge - you'll look forward to intimidating Bummers with it, too! icon10.gif

OP
OP
L

Laguna_PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.5 Turbo Diesel
I suppose I can't hurt to share a few picture of my current setup:

From Moab in April this year:
DSC_0497_zps9il9cxnf.jpg

One of my first Moab trips, coming up Wipeout Hill: