Power Wagon Recovers Challenger 400 Series Boat from Beach *pics*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OK, so it was only an inflatable. But, there was no ramp! :eek:

Taken at Lone Rock Beach over the weekend. You can see the appropriately named rock pinnacle island behind the RZR in one of the picks. Insane T-Storm tore through right at dusk, but by the afternoon it was clear and 100 deg as you can see.

I am an attention *****, and the truck looks sweet, so I thought I would share. :Pshyco:

Did some nice 'wheeling, and finally got to spend some time in the truck playing with the various features and comparing results to the many settings in different terrain. Nice thing about Lone Rock, other than it being just a few miles from the house, is that it offers a smallish Off Highway Vehicle Area, that isn't hammered and has some really different conditions all in one handy area. Lake front (no salt water like at Pismo, so better on avoiding rust) hard pack sand to drift sand hills, neat slick rock formations that you can actually crawl all over like a skate park, plus some loose dirt/rock hills and trails.

I can say that simply airing down a little (30fr / 20rr) is all you need to get this vehicle ANYWHERE. It can be a bit intimidating at first, with limited vision and it being a heavy, full sized truck. Especially after spending most my technical trail time in my heavily modded Samurai - completely opposite platform being tiny, light and low on power. Sway bar disconnect and both front and rear Lockers are amazing. These BFG A/T's do very well also and seem very cut and puncture resistant despite being quiet and capable of hauling heavy loads on the highway, and being soft enough to stick nicely when pushing hard through Turn 8 up on the Big Track at WIllow Springs Raceway!

I did actually put the truck to work later that day tugging out a large Class C RV from the beach that was buried up to it's pumpkin, but I didn't get any action pics, as I was the one driving. But, no joke. This truck gets it done!

Enough for now. I'll post some action shots later, if this thread happens to see any attention.

Attachments

• 0818131017.jpg
    0818131017.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 0818131017a.jpg
    0818131017a.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 107

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No thread is a waste of time. EVAR!

^^^^THIS

OK, so it was only an inflatable. But, there was no ramp! :eek:

Taken at Lone Rock Beach over the weekend. You can see the appropriately named rock pinnacle island behind the RZR in one of the picks. Insane T-Storm tore through right at dusk, but by the afternoon it was clear and 100 deg as you can see.

I am an attention *****, and the truck looks sweet, so I thought I would share. :Pshyco:

Did some nice 'wheeling, and finally got to spend some time in the truck playing with the various features and comparing results to the many settings in different terrain. Nice thing about Lone Rock, other than it being just a few miles from the house, is that it offers a smallish Off Highway Vehicle Area, that isn't hammered and has some really different conditions all in one handy area. Lake front (no salt water like at Pismo, so better on avoiding rust) hard pack sand to drift sand hills, neat slick rock formations that you can actually crawl all over like a skate park, plus some loose dirt/rock hills and trails.

I can say that simply airing down a little (30fr / 20rr) is all you need to get this vehicle ANYWHERE. It can be a bit intimidating at first, with limited vision and it being a heavy, full sized truck. Especially after spending most my technical trail time in my heavily modded Samurai - completely opposite platform being tiny, light and low on power. Sway bar disconnect and both front and rear Lockers are amazing. These BFG A/T's do very well also and seem very cut and puncture resistant despite being quiet and capable of hauling heavy loads on the highway, and being soft enough to stick nicely when pushing hard through Turn 8 up on the Big Track at WIllow Springs Raceway!

I did actually put the truck to work later that day tugging out a large Class C RV from the beach that was buried up to it's pumpkin, but I didn't get any action pics, as I was the one driving. But, no joke. This truck gets it done!

Enough for now. I'll post some action shots later, if this thread happens to see any attention.

Nice truck. You do has some pristine for playing areas over there.

You have pics that you are holding out on??? :wtf: :lazer:

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You have pics that you are holding out on???

I didn't want to waste anyone's time on a worthless thread due to a sense of humor. But it will be OK Casper. :console:

The pics were from crawling around on the rocks and shoreline. But, I was going to try and capture some better action shots on varied terrain as the maker of the Grill Guard claims they would like to use them for promotional purposes on their national web site since they liked the cloudy beach shot.

But, trying to clean up the truck (and keep it clean) long enough to get out in good light in between the crazy monsoonal T-Storms that have been ripping through here the last two weeks and find a nice unique back drop is tough to do. I was really trying to capture some good "Golden Light" shots with some clouds to contrast the truck and the Red Rock formations around here. But, that means being up early for sunrise or sunset with a location facing in the correct position.

If I am not banned by Friday afternoon hopefully I can have something good accomplished.

Until then, I will try to peel the previously mentioned action shots off my daughter's cell phone to post up. God help me if I had an actual decent digital camera rather than using my silly phone.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I don't even see a boat. I cant seem to take my eyes off that truck! :********:

Looks awesome!!