Power Wagon on Slick Rock -Pics-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I remember seeing the camper picture a ways back and wondering how in the world that happen, lol.

It was a lot easier than you would think! :insane:

I have a thing for getting in over my head. I was trying to get down the beach, but they had been draining water out, so the shoreline wasn't as stable as I had imagined. I finally got down there and all set up by sundown thanks to another Dodge trucker who was more than willing to "Pay it Forward" and help me out. ...I passed the favor along two days later when a Hispanic guy with his kids and elderly father sank their SUV to the frame in a similar move while shore fishing about 100 yards behind my camp. The Winch pulled it out, no sweat.

I never had a Winch before and didn't really sweat it. Now, I feel totally "naked" without one when I leave the pavement in any of my other rides.

Here's a shot from the opposite direction to give a better idea of where I ended up.

Oh, it is Lake Isabella, CA. if anyone was wondering.

Attachments

• 1014131704.jpg
    1014131704.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1014131707.jpg
    1014131707.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 90

GirlPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome pics. They are excellent to look at. Can't wait to be able to take our new truck up North. Maybe the snow here will be gone by June :eek:

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks! I don't know how you folks do it in the Northern US States and Canada.

BRRRRRR. Too damn cold for me.

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Been out for a while... picked up some new wheels & tires. Shot some pics and vids, will put up shortly.

Attachments

• KIMG0013.jpg
    KIMG0013.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 84

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Lose the approach killing steel and come up to Moab and we'll do some real slick rock. You'll be amazed what a stock Power Wagon can do.

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am scared to death of a "Deer Strike" out here around all these National Parks. Especially up in altitude a bit, by Zion and Bryce, or on I-40 over in Flagstaff where you see the stacks of totaled cars, big road kill and injured people.

Encountering a Elk at 3am up around 80 mph can be absolutely deadly and devastating, for beast and vehicle, without a doubt. But they also slide ride across the hood and decapitate folks even in full sized rigs.

So, the Bull Bar will stay, just for a little peace of mind, if nothing else.

I trimmed the rubber molding that comes with it (like on Poilce / Fire Vehicles) that prevent damage to a pushed car, as it would dig in to the rock surfaces and grip like mad. Cutting the bottom section off, exposing only the metal rails works pretty good... it just glides across slick rock or granite and helps keep the bumper/running lights / license plate & air dam from being smashed when I nose into the base of a steep Dune at speed, or plow into a mound coming downhill, like in packed snow and ice.

I've seen plenty of rock crawling with it, and like the protection it offers.

Though it does rob me of some serious approach angle. But as flexxy as the Power Wagon is, with it's incredible amount of travel at full extention, it usually keeps at least one tire on the ground. ...so far.

:favorites13:

But, out here on these minimally maintained roads - and those being the few paved ones around - I've been glad to have it while 'outdriving the lights' at night, and come across fallen rocks, stacks of hay bales and other things that would have just taken out the lower bumper, swaybar disconnect components, and even the front diff cover, no doubt. Luckily it takes a lot of abuse and shows little wear.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been out for a while... picked up some new wheels & tires. Shot some pics and vids, will put up shortly.
You're making me regret not ponying up the cash for a power wagon. Awesome pics man. Wonder if the wifey will notice if I pull the ol switcheroo.....

OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lose the approach killing steel and come up to Moab and we'll do some real slick rock. You'll be amazed what a stock Power Wagon can do.

Say WHAT? You must not have heard my name before, my friend!

Attachments

• Hussein.jpg
    Hussein.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
Brakelate

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am well aware... was quite active here before , up until a year or so ago, when I had to bunker down in my Spider Hole, as the authorities were getting close to finding me.

I had previously posted a LOT of pics.

Here are a few. Now, that I am back, I will start putting up more, fresh, new material.

Attachments

• PWFlexing5.jpg
    PWFlexing5.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 157
  • PWFlex1.jpg
    PWFlex1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 168
  • PWFlexing4.jpg
    PWFlexing4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 173
  • PWFlex2.jpg
    PWFlex2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 147

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Soooo nasty!![emoji7] [emoji7]

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
.. I had to bunker down in my Spider Hole, as the authorities were getting close to finding me.

:roflsquared: You're so full of it your eyes are brown! Good to see ya posting again. Been busy myself.