Proud new owner of a PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Proud new owner of a PW - Added pics

Just bought a 2013 Power Wagon. I'm so excited. I pick it up on Thursday if my boss will let me sneak out for 2 hours during my shift, otherwise I can't get it until Saturday.

Can't wait to get it! It's literally my dream truck. Took a hit on my 2013 Sport, but sometimes you have to pay a lot for what you want

I'll post pictures once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice congrats

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats man.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
very nice congrats! Any mods coming up in the future?

Thanks
Jeremiah

OP
OP
shaner82

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
very nice congrats! Any mods coming up in the future?

Thanks
Jeremiah

Of course. I need some new wheels now. The one good thing is the dealership that took my 2013 sport wasn't interested in my XD rims and Nitto tires, so I'll be able to sell them and put the money towards some wheels for the new truck.

The stock AT's are nice, but I want some Trail Grapplers and some XD series addict rims

I also need to level the truck. Will the Bilstein 5100 I bought for my Sport also work for the Power Wagon or do I need something else? If something else, what exactly do I need and do you sell it? I just want it level for now.

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought a 2013 Power Wagon. I'm so excited. I pick it up on Thursday if my boss will let me sneak out for 2 hours during my shift, otherwise I can't get it until Saturday.

Can't wait to get it! It's literally my dream truck. Took a hit on my 2013 Sport, but sometimes you have to pay a lot for what you want

I'll post pictures once I get it.

Congrats! Your going to love it .. They really are great trucks!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
You'll need something else to level
Be careful as PW are already a little higher in the front, going up to much more can cause problems

OP
OP
shaner82

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a few pics. For the first pic I'm standing on a snowbank in my driveway that's a good 15 feet high. Crazy winter we've had this year.

buWeduz.jpg
v5njI91.jpg
QnRUecP.jpg
yeM766C.jpg
POBCe4C.jpg

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck! Congrats!

By my iPhone.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just bought a 2013 Power Wagon. I'm so excited.

:party33:

Time to celebrate!

You get any sleep, or you just sitting in your truck staring at it?

Looks super clean. And, at least starting with a stocker, you will know first hand what has been modded and that it was a unmolested foundation to start with. Though I think I will leave mine stock (Maybe those damn LED cab lights that keep calling my name), I really enjoy seeing what folks do with them and what mods work. Riskwriter101 and MyYoung84 have some very nicely modded PW's.

So, what do you think? Is it all you had hoped for? Tell us your first impressions, mpg and how bad you want to go hit the lockers and try out 4Lo!

Super happy it worked out for you with the trade in and all that.

:favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
shaner82

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:party33:

Time to celebrate!

You get any sleep, or you just sitting in your truck staring at it?

Looks super clean. And, at least starting with a stocker, you will know first hand what has been modded and that it was a unmolested foundation to start with. Though I think I will leave mine stock (Maybe those damn LED cab lights that keep calling my name), I really enjoy seeing what folks do with them and what mods work. Riskwriter101 and MyYoung84 have some very nicely modded PW's.

So, what do you think? Is it all you had hoped for? Tell us your first impressions, mpg and how bad you want to go hit the lockers and try out 4Lo!

Super happy it worked out for you with the trade in and all that.

:favorites13:

I tested the lockers out on my test drive. I found a snow covered ditch, engaged the lockers and then intentionally drove in. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get out or not, but I figured that since I was going to buy the truck, the dealer wouldn't mind too much if we had to get it pulled out (free roadside assistance on Rams anyway). There was no problems though, it plowed through without much resistance.

Just now I tried to climb a very high snowbank in my driveway. Only problem was that the truck is too heavy and just sunk instead of climbing it, so there was no chance, at least not with this soft, melting snow.

Can't wait for spring when I can find some mud holes to play in and really put these lockers to use

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just remember, the single most effective way to completely transform the ride and ability to get through stuff with these trucks is by "airing down".

You let even just a few psi out of the tires and it goes from a wheel hopping, tire spinning rough ride, to a total animal that just floats over and through stuff with no hop or anything else.

It's just a ***** to air them down, then back up again if you are just going for a short run off road. Not sure about snow, as I was able to just plow through the little we got here this past Winter. But, for sure on Sand and washboard, unmaintained gravel roads, it worked wonders.

I posted elsewhere, but for months at a time this last summer, I was running 30 fr / 25 rr on and off the pavement and it was fine. You just have to ignore the tire pressure chime at start up.

But even now, for freeway / town use I run the low settings. 60fr / 45rr. It is VERY cool that you have the switch that gives you the option of a High or Low Load setting, so we aren't totally stuck listening to chimes.

I think I only had the rears up to the "high" 65 psi once, while towing a travel trailer, with a bed full of gear at high speeds on a 1k mile trip across the Mojave and around Death Valley in the heat of summer.

Last edited:

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet! I want a power wagon so bad lol shouldn't trade my 12 sport in yet though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GirlPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice truck. Can tell Canadians think the same. We also took the truck into a snow bank on the test drive to see if we could get out ok.

OP
OP
shaner82

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet! I want a power wagon so bad lol shouldn't trade my 12 sport in yet though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that's probably not a good idea, although I traded in my 2013 Sport lol. Oh well, it's just money. I can't take it with me so I may as well spend it.