Pulls off to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GirlPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone else has this issue. We have brand new 2013 PowerWagon. Had 700 km on it when bought. Still only has 1900km as we have not driven it a lot yet.

Since the beginning it has pulled to the right. Took it in for alignment to Dodge today. They did alignment. Still pulled. Said the toe was out so adjusted that They adjusted steering wheel as they noticed it was off to the right as well. Still pulled. They swapped tires around and lowered pressure as they said tire pressure too high

Dealer says much better now. Does not pull when foot on gas but will still pull slightly to the right when you take foot off gas due to something being longer on the right (sorry, can't remember what he said - some shaft) which does not make sense to me

Any one else had issues of it pulling to one side
You just never know how others have test drove it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds like a sticky right brake caliper to me. Does it get worse if you stab the brakes?

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is in 2wD, correct? Shouldn't pull at all. Make 'em fix it.

I wonder if Sales Manager or someone who drove it previously hit a curb or something and bent a tie rod. Wheel should be straight and run in a straight line. Mine does, 60 psi - 25 psi in the tires, doesn't matter.

OP
OP
GirlPower

GirlPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We'll test drive today and it is going back to dodge. Still pulls to the right. No pull when you brake but definitely when driving. You have to have the steering wheel just turned slightly to left to keep straight.. Should be fun to deal with the dealership. Sigh. Thought a new vehicle would mean less work and headaches

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they tell you its normal, ask to test drive any other truck on the lot so they can show you.

camodown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 10 pulled to the right when I bought it (2nd owner at 15k) but I took it to my alignment guy and he straightened it right out. I've heard many PW pulling to the right for some reason but it can be fixed

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Very odd. It shouldn't pull at all.

You make sure they get it sorted out GirlPower, that is a bunch of dooky.

If there isn't enough "adjustment" left in the tie rods, steering box or whatever, then something is bent and they need to replace it, end of story!

You sure shouldn't have to deal with this the rest of the truck's life. They sold it to you "as new" it, should perform as such.

Little stuff like this drives me NUTS. That steering wheel should be oriented properly and it should go down the road 2wd/4wd whatever, straight as an arrow.

*I went out and tested this, just for you a couple days ago as I thought 4wd might 'tug' it to the side under power driving one of the front wheels, but nope.

If left alone, not only would it eat at me EVERY time I got in the truck, it will eventually manifest itself in some other, more expensive, serious way. At the very least, in accelerated odd tire wear.

I examined my front end components after thinking about all of this (yeah, a little mental, I know) and the truck is simply built with incredibly large, tough and durable components. The steering rods are massive, the design seems sound (especially compared to the new 2014 complicated mess, IMHO) and I see no reason this should happen other than damage from striking a curb or other obstacle laterally in a BIG way. Unless, some dope got in there and started "adjusting" things in error. Trying to fix or confirm factory settings and in the process boogered it up.

Again, your right front brake rotor is clean and of uniform color correct? Meaning, a dragging caliper (for whatever reason) would show a blue ribbon of heat in it or some other sign of constantly dragging. The friction would cause excessive brake dust, color on the rotor or something else.

But, that is a long shot. I am strongly suspecting someone "curbed" it pretty hard in those early "demo" drives or in those kms racked up before you got it.

OP
OP
GirlPower

GirlPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dodge did a few adjustments. Not a strain on the wrist now. Still pulls a bit to the right a bit but not as bad. Funny thing. When we got back from dealer the second time tire PSI had been adjusted on the right. Front and back both 9psi more than left counter parts. Drove really straight then lol. Adjusted back to specs outlined on door. It drives better than it did. Thanks for asking