Purchased a 2016 Power Wagon and..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VoodooChilde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Okay, so I traded my Shelby in on a Power Wagon and so far, I love the truck. I do have one question, the manual I have seems to be a generic one that does not include the break in for the 6.4L nor does it have the correct information for using the 4 wheel drive. Is there a resource for this or an actual manual? The downloadable one from Mopar is the same as I have. Any other suggestions for advice for a new PW owner would be great! Thanks for any help you can provide.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
page 522 in the owners manual for the manually shifted transfer case

OP
OP
V

VoodooChilde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
page 522 in the owners manual for the manually shifted transfer case

Mine does not go up to that. Even the manual that's available on the Internet, does not go up that high.

OP
OP
V

VoodooChilde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Okay, so I finally found the manual online. There is a "user's guide" and a "owner's manual". The owner's manual is the one you want. I am curious if one is stored electronically in Uconnect.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there should of been a book and a cd (which just provides basically the same info the book says) in the glove box. perhaps that was the generic book you were talking about. anyways it says for gas engines there really isn't much breakin. if I recall it says drive moderately for the first 300mi. after the first 60mi you can drive up to 55mph with brief full throttle acceleration.

as for the 4x4 operation of the power wagon model, your correct the generic book in the glove box has no info at all, or maybe it does and ive forgotten since my memory is horrible. doesn't seem like there was any info on winch operation either

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You can download the full manual as a .pdf. Just google "2016 Ram Manual download" and you'll find the Mopar website. You choose your truck model, and year and it will allows you to download the manual. I think the manuals available go back to the 90's if I am remembering correctly.

The full manual has a section dedicated to the PW stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Welcome to RF and congrats on your PW.