Realistic Maintenance Schedule 2013 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can't believe it, but I have managed to already roll over 10k miles on my rig!

Many of those have been towing, in the blazing heat of summer. It's obviously been off road in the blowing dust and sand as well as casual cruising to town and back for routine shopping errands.

It seems my onboard Oil Monitoring system has been suggesting oil changes right about at the 4400 mile mark.

The manual suggests a tire rotation with every oil change, or as soon as odd wear is observed.

I have run Mobil 1, Royal Purple and just poured in some Valvoline Syntec this go around. I have had various filters on it, but the digital reference machines at the local auto parts places have finally been updated, and show a "regular" sized filter (rather than the small, Import sized unit it came with from the factory) but that is only available in a Bosch unit. So I spun one of those one as well.

I "tapped out" the air filter, and figure that it can go at least 20k miles or more, even exposed to my extreme local environment.

The tires, are doing great. They have "chunked" a bit, when driving off road with a heavy foot, rather than finesse, but show no odd cupping or wear, even when run at various (low) pressures for weeks at a time or after towing heavy loads in extremely high surface temps at high speeds.

I was going to just do a tire rotation here in the next couple of days to match the oil change at the 10k milestone, but wondered what everyone else was doing. Though, I know individual driving habits, temps, surfaces, loads, speeds and any other numerous items will make each owner's experiences unique.

But, I was just curious.

Who is doing tire rotations at every oil change? They are so balanced out and performing well above any of my original expectations, I almost hate to mess with a good thing. But, I don't want to regret not getting it done now, as I am headed into the cold season.