White Knuckle OffRoad Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, I got around to installing my sliders yesterday. These things are BEEFY. 188 DOM and 125lbs each! Passenger side install was quick. Drivers side, involved some cursing.

htbOzpeyL7Sdc4JKrpAERSMdErUcyjWDm1nM=w1080-h720-no.png

JMP7ZXKi2jJ9V2b8GPXlTgAQ3ZzKbrNGcoz4=w1080-h720-no.png

s9KWa_7DUhFsw2umRwqfnnXKGo_rzegc32vY=w1080-h720-no.png

mUuK4v2HuO6o8v3vn1pUzRBpHdUXC_Jl1x54=w1080-h720-no.png

KQ8yHkdDiDqxZeKkXhSNq8rZ8rV0J9Sq33Ik=w1080-h720-no.png

:favorites13:

Need to find some rocks to drop my truck on now.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
love those, need to make a set for 1500s

OP
OP
BoldAdventure

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Since the body is the same, if you where willing to cut the bottoms and weld them in place, they would technically fit. The mounting brackets would just be a bit tall because the 2500 frame is larger. But you could make it work. :)

Although spending money on stuff that works out of the box is easier.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Since the body is the same, if you where willing to cut the bottoms and weld them in place, they would technically fit. The mounting brackets would just be a bit tall because the 2500 frame is larger. But you could make it work. :)

Although spending money on stuff that works out of the box is easier.

yeah if i had thought about that before i line x'd my current side steps i would have. Didn't even know that actually had sliders for our trucks till you got those

khsidekick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They would be nice! Almost $1000 a set seems pretty steep. Unless you know you are going to use them. My wagon only has 6000 miles on it now. Give it some time and I'll be getting a set for it.

OP
OP
BoldAdventure

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They would be nice! Almost $1000 a set seems pretty steep. Unless you know you are going to use them. My wagon only has 6000 miles on it now. Give it some time and I'll be getting a set for it.

I thought so too, till I went to the shop and picked them up. A few points, they're worth the price. Materials are probably around $400, labor plus he sends them next door to get powder coated, add another $400 as these things are HUGE.

So huge that I had to drive home with the tail gate down, and it's a real chore for one person to move them by yourself without hurting yourself. He said they're somewhere close to 125-130lbs each.

The inside rail is 3x3 box steel and the tube is 188 DOM steel. The welds are beautiful. He also took the time to smooth them. It's a real quality product and they can handle the abuse.

You can lift the truck with these. So frame of reference should be to consider these a premium option like the Amp Power steps and not to compare these to cheap side steps.

Also you're keeping two American entrepreneurs in business, which is always a plus.

:favorites13:

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Sliders are way cheaper than body repair to the rocker and lower door panels. There are plenty of ways to get that damage without hard core off-road driving. Power Wagons are so capable, it's easy to get into trouble before you know it, so it's a no-brainier to add protection if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryantjt

Reaction score
Ram Year
na
Engine
na
I just picked up a new 2016 PW and am torn between the AMP steps and these sliders. Can you take a measurement of how much lower they are than the step in height of the cab?

khsidekick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ordered mine last week. PW has 8500 miles on already and I almost folded my body mounted steps up this weekend. No damage just rubbed them. $1380 powder coated and shipped to CO. 4 to 6 weeks out. Can't wait

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do they stick out to the sides more than the door handles?

khsidekick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ordered them 4 weeks ago. They said 4 to 6 weeks to be shipped. Can't wait I've been putting off a couple trails I used to run in my jeep to avoid body damage. 2 more weeks, I can't wait.

khsidekick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Got them installed. Couldn't be happier after bending the body mounted steps I had on before I knew I would eventually cause some body damage. Not now

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
I have a set being installed this week.
I had to go with the diamond plate because the truck is way too tall for my girlfriend to get in\out with issue.
I prefer the look of the uncovered tubes though...
It is getting lineX'd vs powder coated. It was actually the same price to LineX and they won't stone chip and are warrant'd for life. I did go with the heaveir wall tube though DOM.

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
I had to go with the diamond plate because the truck is way too tall for my girlfriend to get in\out with issue.
It is getting lineX'd vs powder coated. It was actually the same price to LineX and they won't stone chip and are warrant'd for life. I did go with the heaveir wall tube though DOM.

1205699082842082_7323538214844705961_n_zpsmt9gjszg.jpg
1205697942842196_2525469477784320239_n_zpslgonsfvq.jpg
1205752799503377_1862759062957567934_n_zpsuidocha7.jpg
wko_zpsmsiucpem.jpg

jtcarlsen67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

So I will be getting my 2017 PW hopefully sometime in January. I, like you, need something for the wife and aging parents to be able to step on. Was considering the AMP steps because they tuck away and keep the truck with cleaner lines.

However, after recently finding the WK site I have to say I like the beefiness of the product and I feel actually adds to look and also helps with functionality/protection (which AMP steps will not). My questions are this....

1. Did you get the line-x coating from WK?

2. Do you find the line-x "slippery when wet' or does it hold traction for one's footing?

3. Out of curiosity, how far up from the ground is the top of the slider; does it actually function well as a step to get into the truck (provided your truck height is stock)? And I assume it does nothing to become the limiting factor for ground clearance?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Tim

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
PM sent

As subject stated.
PM responded to.

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
18.5" front @ top of rock rail and 19" rear of rail at the tire step @ top of rail.This is with the .125" diamond plate thickness.
Be careful of the Line-X - make sure they give you the lifetime warranty at cost of application.
I used Tri State Line-X of Indiana who is certified and did this.
I like the new black bumpers on the 2017 are a good call!
I also installed the avs tight fit front Lund chip protector, the rust and sound dampening coating and frame and door inject. I suggest this only because RAMs rust like a fool.
I want to use the rig to hunt and to offroad but I also want to keep the truck and pay it off quick but for a long time as a work horse.
I am pulling my BMW e46 to WV in a few weeks on it - it is my daily.

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
I was told not to use the inside window visors for this truck- Tri State said many RAM owners came back with fried window motors. I wanted the inside the channel visors but I installed the stick on ones sans adpro so I could rip them off easy if I wanted to later.
I have some adpro at home for the 3M tape. I didnt use it on the front shield either and installed it @ 51F and it seems to visually bond the entire hood on both pieces of 3M along the entire hood length.
I didn't use 3M for my e46 BMW custom built LED lights either and it is holding up but I might pry them apart and add it and new tape after next summer if there is any separation.
Oh an unlike your preference I do like the honeycomb cross on the grille vs the RAM rebel on it- I usually debadge everything although I want to decal black on black on this but want to rid it of giant RAM all over it- to each his own lol.