winch hook holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qwknbad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
I put a N-fab light bar on the power wagon, and it had brackets on it, so when I hooked the winch cable to the tow hook, it was rubbing on the light bar bracket. I made this handy dandy hook holder. I thought it turned out OK for my amateur fab skills. Just thought I would share the idea.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Neat. Always fun to fab up something custom and useful.

What does it mount to? The lower round fairlead roller? I can't quite tell.

I can't seem to win with where to "hang" my winch hook. Even with the pushbar that puts the factory D-Rings further out, if I rewind it on the right, it blocks access to the freewheel lever, and if I go right, it blocks the plug for the controller. And I can't just bring myself to let it dangle in the wind with a bunch of slack, or suck it back in there up tight against the rollers.
Neat cure.

I guess I am just Old Skool, but I am having a hard time coming to accept the look of the new square, small LED lightbars and pods. I am always looking for a good old pair of round lights, though I am sure they are outperformed in every way possible by the new stuff, perhaps other than initial cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

qwknbad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
The hook clamps to the N-Fab light bar. My other option was going to be a winch ball, I found one that Rugged Ridge makes, that looked pretty good, but figured I'd break out the welder first.
My buddy sells the LED lights, so I couldn't pass up the price on them. I know what you are saying about the square lights, past vehicles I always had the round lights, but these things are bright. They grow on you LOL

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ahhh, OK.

Yeah, the LED's are insanely bright. Just a bit more focused beam than even the old "Pencil Beam" lights of old.

But, hell they take up such little space and have such a reduced draw from the power supply, you can just keep stacking them on.

I may have to come out of the Stone Age and try me some one of these days.