Wireless Winching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewster91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone on here used the Warn 90287 Wireless Remote? I am contemplating getting one. Its about $120 on Amazon and seems like it could prove useful. Thoughts?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I hate my wireless remote for the winch on my work truck. It was a great idea at the time but every time I go to use it the battery dies in the remote or the range sucks and I end up using the handheld cable anyways.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Harbor Freight does the same thing for a lot less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

I've thought about this. I don't know but to me when I am winching it is usually when I need absolute reliability from my winch and I just don't have that much confidence in wireless stuff to use it in a critical situation like that. I might be wrong but that's how I feel about it.
JMHO YMMV
Have a great day,

preachp

wrench04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the warn wireless setup. Haven't used it much but the few times I did it works great.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
personally,i don't see the point in wireless.my cabled controller never lets me down,it's long enuff to reach in the cab,and i get muddy as hell rigging up anyway,so it's not like it helps me stay clean.and if you only use a wireless maybe once a year the batts will probably be shyte when you do need it.