'14 DIY Trans Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gents, preparing for a trans flush on my truck. I am aware of the process of doing so however, having trouble locating transmission return line for my truck in order to do a complete flush. Was wondering if someone could post a pic of their trans return line for myself and others who are wondering the same thing. And yes, I am dropping the pan and replacing filters first. Thanks!

2014 Ram 1500 Express
Hemi, 4x4

OP
OP
K

KJ1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also preferably on the same model lol. Thanks in advance :)

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So, from my Experience. at least on my 2009 was the NON OEM Pan filter does NOT seat well into the trans. (at least the one I got) it came loose on me and almost cratered my truck. my DIY drop and fill was a complete waste of $ as I had to pay a dealership to re-do it and put in OEM filter.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's an 8 speed you shouldn't need to flush it. They are "filled for life"

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
If it's an 8 speed you shouldn't need to flush it. They are "filled for life"

Yeah, filled for life is a misnomer. Might be ok if you trade trucks ever so many years but if you plan on taking it to 300K+ and expect transmission to make the same, there is going to need to be a few drain/refill events in there.

Regardless, there is already a couple of Youtube videos showing how to drain/fill event on these 8 speeds properly.