2009 slt seats to 2012 st -having some issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crossboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help

has anyone ever attempted to install a set of power seats from an 2009 slt to a 2012 st. I have purchased a set and realized that the pin adpaters for the connections under the seat are different even though they are both 4th gen. My st has the two wire yellow plug and the grey with 8 additional wires, not sure what they are for...the seats have larger pin yellow plugs. I am hoping that someone has had the same issue. Any suggestions would be welcome....currently I am have switched out he passenger seat, and the base of the drivers seat. my airbag / seat belt light is on (because I was not able to hook up the pin adapters under the passenger seat).

ANYONE???

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since heated and cooled seats have become more popular through the years, they probably updated all the harnesses to include the extra wires, instead of three different harnesses just use one for all.

Best bet is to try and find the mating connector from a parts supplier and do what you did for the driver seat.

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything labeled yellow will be for the airbags

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Question do the 2009 seats have air bags, do your current 2012 seats have airbags? If the 12 seats did and the 09 seta do not, how are you planning to deal with this? I recently installed a set of 2014 non-airbag seats in place of my 2014 air bag seats and got the "Service Air Bag System" message and the air bag warning light. So I wound up buying another set of seats. Sucked for me but someone may wind up with a nice set of heated cooled Laramie leather memory seats from a 2014 5500 cheap.