2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's a great mod. Have a lot of extra pieces left as it took 3 different bezel combinations to arrive Unscratched. To top it off my interior had a textured dark grey which nothing matched. Ended up sanding and painting to get a good match. All the outlets are great and I was still able to keep all my USB. Mounted the power under the shifter and USB / aux on opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Well this weekend I finally had enough nerve to cut into the lower air box and install the rear air and center console. Thanks Benny and all the rest who gave me the information. 3eb9eb210d308c42bec1a90a564c5db4.jpg916442dc91bc8b29aa112a5bc93e72c1.jpg8912e6c0b6ab5b92f9674962d29389fb.jpg891dd0232bee1db762c4825534033e89.jpg

Looks great! I love mine. I like what you did with the USB and the 12volt plug.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did not have the inverter but looked like I had the wiring stored behind the dash. My jumpseat had the USB and aux plug so I pulled out the 12 volt and used the cubby with the flat cover I had on the right side and cut a hole with a dremel tool to mount. Took to USB out of the original lower front panel and put in the new cup holder and relocated the power under the shifter knob with some more cutting. Now I have rear power, armrest power, and dash power as well as 2 USB's and aux input and fully functioning rear air. A lot of extra parts.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I did a full interior swap so I picked up the inverter under the passenger seat. Rick on the forum here helped me wire it all up and it came out really nice. Did you do the Auto Temperature controls yet?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes works great after a little delay.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
That's right you were on that thread. I waited until the dust settled before I bought one. I was going to go the AE route if they never figured it out.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just happy it's done. Next leveling the front and looking for black oem 20" rims to get rid of the clads

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Here is final list of parts that I used. Original list was not right. I returned a few parts and end cap was wrong.
5VC941Z6AA bezel center console
5VC95DX9AC base floor console
1NN14DX9AB console base
68053384AA rear duct (will not tie into factory. Have to cut and tie into your existing one)
1HS07DX9AA access cover
1HR97DX9AC extension panel
1HR96DX9AC extension panel
55365120AA bracket front
55365121AD bracket 2
1QV13DX9AA console base mat
5NB13LA8AC armrest diesel grey OR order 5NB13DX9AC for black armrest
1RB84DX9AA air outlet
1RB86DX9AA air outlet
68096423ac wire harness
1VY921 X9AD bezel instrument panel with grey sides and black center
68214340AA retaining panel
5NA01DX9AA rear cover
6-100 1" bolts x 4 (ace hardware or Home Depot etc ) with washers (secure console to bracket )
2 -5/8 by 1" bolts, nuts and washer (secure front bracket )
2 bolts (don't know size ) for rear bracket.
There may be harness to tie usb,aux etc to plugs from console to factory plugs?? I spliced the wire harness from old jump seat. One end is plug and play to wires under seat other end gets spliced to new console ). I also extended one usb from old bezel about 12" to new console bezel. Both are easy you just match colors and tape.

Currently doing this swap in my 2011. I have most of it done except the duct work, the console I got was from a 2014.
I had vents in my jump seat and removed what looks like item 8 in the 2014 BOM in order for the ducts in my console to be close, but now I just need a short piece (~6" Long) for the console to hook back up to the duct piece under the dash.
I know you said that 68053384AA was not the right duct, which is the one that shows up in the 2011 BOM (item 5), but I was looking at the BOM for a 2014 and it looks like 55056931AB (item 7) might be what I need. Has anyone actually got the right duct piece for this? I tried to search through this thread and couldn't find anyone who actually found the right piece.
Thanks!

Ducts_2011.PNG Ducts_2014.PNG

Edit: NVM looks like that is the piece I'm looking for, guess I missed a page.
CONSOLE BASE FRONT BRACKET - MOPAR (55365120AB)
CONSOLE BASE REAR BRACKET - MOPAR (55365121AD)
REAR DUCT - MOPAR (55056931AB) <- Installs onto front bracket to adapt on a crew cab.
The screws for the sides of the console are M6 bolts.
I pulled the nut plates out of the two that held the drawer in. They pop out to the front, I used a pick tool to pull them and then snap back into the console holes.

Also a couple of nut plates for the front bracket with screws or you can do what I ended up doing and use a couple bolts and nuts like the OP did and I did. Trying to find the M8 Nut plate that snaps in so I can install the two M8 bolts that came out.

Last edited:

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just finished mine! Everything works as it should too! Gonna have to take it back out soon tho.... need to figure out the air duct bc my jumpseat had a wide one where this one has a narrower one..... also have to put the front bracket it as I didn't have the bolts for it...., all in all I'm happy tho! And probably swapping the black lid for a grey with another member soon...and getting the center bin Monday so I can take out the shifter....a lot of thanks to Jrust for the help along the way....

How did you finally get the air duct connected? Getting ready to do this next week.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I picked up a Center Console Assy from Casey at Fodor Auto Parts and am going to install it next week. The Console is out of a 2016 and is going into a 2017 CC Express. It looks like all the plugs from under the seat will plug right in after a little rerouting on the console, which should not be a problem, lots of wire. Doesn't look like I'll have to splice anything, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

1. What do I do with the wires and plugs from the USB and cig lighter on the dash now? It does not look like they get reused, I just tuck them up under the dash?

2. How does the center console heating duct attach? I do currently have heat in the back. The console has the duct work and I have the adapter. Is it simply a matter of disconnecting the existing duct and reattaching the new duct? Do I have to remove the existing duct work from under the seat? I'm really hoping there is no cutting & splicing of the duct work. :(

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I just finished installing the center console. The install went very smooth!! I did not have to cut or spice anything, all wires plugged right in and the hvac duct plugged right in. Took about 2 1/2 hours total. The only hardware I had to buy were the mounting bolts, washers and nuts for the front mounting bracket and the 4 bolts to mount the console to the brackets at the 4 corners. All said and done, not very difficult swap!!

ryandoubleu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just finished installing the center console. The install went very smooth!! I did not have to cut or spice anything, all wires plugged right in and the hvac duct plugged right in. Took about 2 1/2 hours total. The only hardware I had to buy were the mounting bolts, washers and nuts for the front mounting bracket and the 4 bolts to mount the console to the brackets at the 4 corners. All said and done, not very difficult swap!!
What were the bolt sizes and quantities? I am about to do this in a couple days

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you finally get the air duct connected? Getting ready to do this next week.
Lmao..... actually still working on that. Had both the ducts sitting in my garage for however long and about a month ago I finally just “eyeballed” where I should cut each of them and basically used the aluminum ac duct tape to bind them. Still haven’t seen if it’ll work as I really don’t wanna take that ****** out again! Good luck

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What were the bolt sizes and quantities? I am about to do this in a couple days

The ones that hold the console were 6mm, about an inch long. The 2 that hold the front bracket were I believe 8mm, those can be any size that will fit through the hole, you will need fender washers and nuts for those. I used the 2 bolts that hold the front of the center seat I took out to bolt down the back bracket. And I used the screws that were holding the front draw in to screw the front of the console to the dash, I also had to move the nut plates, they just pop out of the square hole and pop into the other square holes. I used the other 2 screws from the center draw to screw the center console to the center bezel.

Basically the only thing that did not get reused from the take out, were the 4 nuts that hold the center seat to the passenger seat. I bought 2-8mm bolts, fender washers, lock washers ans lock nuts for the front bracket and 4- 6mm bolts to hold the 4 corners of the console.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lmao..... actually still working on that. Had both the ducts sitting in my garage for however long and about a month ago I finally just “eyeballed” where I should cut each of them and basically used the aluminum ac duct tape to bind them. Still haven’t seen if it’ll work as I really don’t wanna take that ****** out again! Good luck

I did not have to cut anything. The existing duct work pulled right out and the new duct work slid right in. The duct work is in 2 pieces from the dash to the back vents. The piece that is actually attached to the center seat pulled right out with the center seat. The piece that is left(about from the front of the seat to right under the dash) is under the carpet and pull out after the seat was removed. There are 2 tabs towards the back of this duct that slid over 2 studs(not threaded) to stop it from moving so you just have to pull up on the duct to get the tabs over the studs, its tight because of the carpet, but not very hard. You can see and feel the tabs, its just tight.

There is then an adapter that attaches to the front bracket with "Christmas Tree fastener" that is about 6" long and connects the trucks ducting to the ducting connected to the center console. All these pieces just slide together, no taping.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Can you swap to the closing cover from a non closing cover - like just installing the sliding lid, or will I have to get the entire console piece?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not sure if you got this answer but it is now and the sliding cover is pretty expensive. I also had a problem matching the tone / color with any radio bezel. The other issue I had was once I got one with wood grain I could not find the bottom mat. I do have the center console roll top version without mat. If someone is interested?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I am starting this my console will arrive tomorrow but I still need parts know what screws I need and how to operate the hvac output that I need parts to connect the center console duct to the hvac under the radio bezel I need your help to be able to do this as easy as possible