2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Around 2012 they upgraded the jumper harness to power the shifter lights. Nothing else plugs into the shifter so I know it gets power from the jumper harness just can't tell you which wire powers it!! My first shifter mod I did have to tap into the power outlet in the bin. But on my last 2 trucks I did not. Hope you get it working!!
I’ll let you know what I find!

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My console was not plug and play, the 2013 console has a single connector that runs under the drivers seat (the 2018 jump seat has 3 under the seat). In the 2013 console the other two connectors (media hub) run to the front of the console instead of under the seat and the connectors are different. So what I’m looking for is a diagram so I can extend from the two connectors to under the seat. And pickup the lighting for the shifter. ( assuming it’s not a bulb out)

That's how my 13' console that I just put into my 2018 bighorn 2500 was also. I had 2 plugs under my seat, 1 plugged into the wire that comes out the bottom driver side of the console and I moved the other plug under the carpet to the front of the console where it plugged into the 13' harness. I did not change out the usb from my 18' jump seat to the 13' console but I did rob the usb plug from the jump seat to use!!

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's how my 13' console that I just put into my 2018 bighorn 2500 was also. I had 2 plugs under my seat, 1 plugged into the wire that comes out the bottom driver side of the console and I moved the other plug under the carpet to the front of the console where it plugged into the 13' harness. I did not change out the usb from my 18' jump seat to the 13' console but I did rob the usb plug from the jump seat to use!!
I have to move the media center to make car play work, just adds more fun to the project (sarcasm)!!!
I didn’t think of pulling the others back, I’ll give that a shot tomorrow, mine has 3 under the seat, the large connector that plug and played. Then a media hub connector and a usb for the media hub.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it should supply the light power for the shifter!! I have done 3 of the shifter upgrades on trucks and they all powered the light without any taps!! only the older pre 2011 did not, you may want to check the bulb...
Exactly correct, bad bulb.
Thank you so much for your help!

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulling the wiring back from the front of the console to under the seat worked, they are a bit short but can be connected.
Thanks again for the help.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pulling the wiring back from the front of the console to under the seat worked, they are a bit short but can be connected.
Thanks again for the help.

Glad you got it working!! Do you mean pulling it from under the seat to the front of the Console? That's what I did...

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it working!! Do you mean pulling it from under the seat to the front of the Console? That's what I did...
No I had to pull the 2 connectors for the usb and media center from the front of the 2013 console back then route them under the drivers seat (that’s where my jump seat plugged in)

Dusty_Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone tell me is there only 1 bezel to use for the center console? Someone told me that there is only one bezel. My truck came with the lowest level radio, but all the center consoles I see have the fancier bezel. Trying to get this figured out before I pull the trigger on a console from Fodor.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Can someone tell me is there only 1 bezel to use for the center console? Someone told me that there is only one bezel. My truck came with the lowest level radio, but all the center consoles I see have the fancier bezel. Trying to get this figured out before I pull the trigger on a console from Fodor.

You have to swap the bezel that matches up with the front of the console. They have a different shape. As far as the radio bezel, it unscrews from your bezel and screws into the bezel for the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josh flattem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
i was wondering how much this cost you. Ballpark. I got a used truck and like you wanted the jump seat. you can pm if you want to.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i was wondering how much this cost you. Ballpark. I got a used truck and like you wanted the jump seat. you can pm if you want to.
Mine was close to $1k but I did the column to floor shifter conversion too.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Got the center console off ebay, bought new Bezel, brackets and small duct to connect truck to console. All in at $750. Completely changes the feel of the truck!

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sat on this for a while, but am now considering it again... I've re-read through the thread but wanted to check a few things...

Ductwork question was answered before, I have Quad Cab and don't care about rear ductwork.

I would prefer the later cell phone holder vs the bus card holder in the center bin - so I just need to look for a 2016+, or is it a certain trim level also?

Would really prefer black leather (Limited?) armrest cover. I do see longhorn/brown but want black. Next would be the std black. Don't want the grey, which seem to be the most common on ebay, unfortunately. IIRC the armrest cover is not change-able - one would have to swap the entire top unit? It's pretty spendy.

I have a line on one locally, black top, and it has a CD. I *think* the wiring for the CD exists in the stock harness, but I can't recall? Or would I have to do some custom wiring to connect it? It's also the bus card style bin thought and I would prefer the newer version. Going to research the CD and center bin swap.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I sat on this for a while, but am now considering it again... I've re-read through the thread but wanted to check a few things...

Ductwork question was answered before, I have Quad Cab and don't care about rear ductwork.

I would prefer the later cell phone holder vs the bus card holder in the center bin - so I just need to look for a 2016+, or is it a certain trim level also?

Would really prefer black leather (Limited?) armrest cover. I do see longhorn/brown but want black. Next would be the std black. Don't want the grey, which seem to be the most common on ebay, unfortunately. IIRC the armrest cover is not change-able - one would have to swap the entire top unit? It's pretty spendy.

I have a line on one locally, black top, and it has a CD. I *think* the wiring for the CD exists in the stock harness, but I can't recall? Or would I have to do some custom wiring to connect it? It's also the bus card style bin thought and I would prefer the newer version. Going to research the CD and center bin swap.

2016 and up have the newer style phone holder, regardless of trim level. I got my from Casey at Fodor Motors, called him direct and he gave me a better price than what he was selling them for on eBay.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well the Black Limited version, ie black leather cover is apparently a unicorn lol. I guess I will look for the standard black armrest model. I have Fodor bookmarked, they don't have much listed right now but maybe they have some stock not out there yet - I'll give them a call.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well the Black Limited version, ie black leather cover is apparently a unicorn lol. I guess I will look for the standard black armrest model. I have Fodor bookmarked, they don't have much listed right now but maybe they have some stock not out there yet - I'll give them a call.

I’d call him, he is always my first call when I’m looking for something. Everything is “as described” but usually much better condition.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’d call him, he is always my first call when I’m looking for something. Everything is “as described” but usually much better condition.

He's out, actually he does have a Brown one, but that's it. Really prefer black, which are less common than the grey, they apparently only come on the Laramie (or Limited with Leather) unless some special order - that's why most everything out there is grey. Also noted if I get a grey and try to find a black armrest they are super expensive by themselves :(.

Torn on what to do... there is a perfect grey armrest one out there, has everything mounts screws bezel etc, can't decide if I want to go ahead and get it or keep waiting/looking for black. I have Bighorn with Black/Grey interior, but had seats redone in black/grey leather so I think black would look nicer...

IHI49o4l.jpg

srBptBol.jpg

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Found a few options with black armrest, all would require some additional parts though - ie for the dash bezel, I see a bunch on ebay for differing costs...

For a swap I would be removing all my bezel components and moving to the replacement one, so I would not care about it having components in place already, or 4sp vs 7sp a/c/heat controls, etc, correct? And the year really would not matter, as they are all the same 2014-2018?

I think this might be in the thread so I will search back, but for the usb panel in the top compartment, it's different than what I have now - ie it has SDCard reader while my 2016 jump seat version does not - so would I need different harness or modify my existing harness?

There's also rear vents and rear 12v - duct work I don't care about since I have Quad Cab, but the 12v would be nice to have if possible, so not sure if there will be harness option for that or if custom wiring would be needed?

5-4-2019-2-11-59-PM.jpg

5-4-2019-2-13-23-PM.jpg

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
He's out, actually he does have a Brown one, but that's it. Really prefer black, which are less common than the grey, they apparently only come on the Laramie (or Limited with Leather) unless some special order - that's why most everything out there is grey. Also noted if I get a grey and try to find a black armrest they are super expensive by themselves :(.

Torn on what to do... there is a perfect grey armrest one out there, has everything mounts screws bezel etc, can't decide if I want to go ahead and get it or keep waiting/looking for black. I have Bighorn with Black/Grey interior, but had seats redone in black/grey leather so I think black would look nicer...

IHI49o4l.jpg

srBptBol.jpg

The leather on the seats look great! I was thinking about doing the same color combo, possibly with red stitching (red truck).