2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The quads do not have rear ducts from the factory but they can be added. I'm told the rear vents can be quite anemic in their output so not having them may be a negligible difference...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Found what I was looking for. Please disregard.

Last edited:

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wanted to post some pictures from me adding rear air. You have to cut into the box to remove the piece that will allow you to use part# 4. Other than manipulating that part in, it was pretty easy. Should have it done next weekend

View attachment 185245

View attachment 185246

View attachment 185247

View attachment 185248

I imagine this is the same for a 14 Quad ST. Did the "S" tube that is running from the new airbox opening come with the center console or did you have to order it? How was cutting through the plastic?

This is a future mod for me but I am trying to gather part numbers so I can start collecting pieces.

Calebram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2020 ram 2500 tradesman crew cab 4x4. IhI the folding seat/armrest. The 4x4 is a stick on floorboard. I am wanting to put in new 5th gen 18-20 center console. I have a few questions. I have seen some pictures of people putting center consoles in 4th gen and just notching a hole in side of console for the 4x4. Can this be done for new Rams? Will a console out of a 19-20 1500 ram work in a 19-20 2500? Any videos/pictures out there? Would I need to change anything on the dash area? Please and thank you. 1st time poster.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm going to say it probably will but I have not had my hands on a 19-20 console so...….. Just seen pictures of the tops but I know ram didn't change the floors so you may have to be the ginny pig on this one!!!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does anyone know what size nuts and bolts will be needed when swapping a 13+ center console into a jumpseat vehicle? I dont want to get half way into this and discover i need nuts or bolts and have to run to the store. Thanks.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know what size nuts and bolts will be needed when swapping a 13+ center console into a jumpseat vehicle? I dont want to get half way into this and discover i need nuts or bolts and have to run to the store. Thanks.
Some of the bolts you pull from your Jump Seat will be used to mount the Console brackets but it would be a good Idea to have some 6 & 8 MM bolts on hand!!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Some of the bolts you pull from your Jump Seat will be used to mount the Console brackets but it would be a good Idea to have some 6 & 8 MM bolts on hand!!

Do you know what thread pitch? At ace hardware there are a ton of different thread sizes, lengths, etc.

Has anyone made a complete parts list needed for a console swap that also includes the hardware (nuts, bolts, etc) that is needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you know what thread pitch? At ace hardware there are a ton of different thread sizes, lengths, etc.

Has anyone made a complete parts list needed for a console swap that also includes the hardware (nuts, bolts, etc) that is needed?

Do you have the mounting Brackets and radio surround for the console?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know it's a little late but on the USB connector in the dash. The cable runs up behind the upper glove box. Just remove the upper glove box and to the left in the dash reinforcement bar there is where the USB cable hooks up with the truck harness

Is this usb connector also there on the 2012 Rams? More specifically the 2012 Regular Cab Rams?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you have the mounting Brackets and radio surround for the console?

Yea I have it all. Bezel, both F + R brackets, both front “wings” or kick panels as some call them. All rubber mats are there for the console, even the cup holder inserts. Really good deal I got.

I just need the hardware, but I just saw earlier in this post, the bolt sizes for most that I shall need.

284d48c01c730b5ed3276fd870fbb4d2.jpg

Aymchayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what will be the part number for the console for the rear panel without the air duc and heated seat switch thx

Aymchayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am just curious how to you know from the drawing if it is the part with the vent or not

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am just curious how to you know from the drawing if it is the part with the vent or not

I was going to mention you probably need to check that. I was going by price as those are the lower end ones. Best way to verify is talk to Benny at Allmopar parts thru the Ram forum.

Aymchayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to mention you probably need to check that. I was going by price as those are the lower end ones. Best way to verify is talk to Benny at Allmopar parts thru the Ram forum.

i will try to get in contact with him ?

Rob koontz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Wish I could do this but don't think I can with the floor 4x4 shifter.. Can't wait to see the finished product!
I forget what year it was, but i did see one with floor shifter on ebay

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio