Adding 110 Volt Outlet in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I did the 8.4 swap and had the 110 Plug behind the dash which plugs into my 110 plug in my new dash bezel. I plugged it in but its not active. Any idea how to get power to it?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Need to add the fuse under the hood. Look on the under side of your fuse box lid and find where it says the ac outlet/ac accessory something like that and add the fuse it calls for and you should be good to go.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need the power inverter that mounts under passenger seat plus proper harness and a sales code. Haven't seen anyone pull it off yet some trucks don't seem to have proper wiring. They all have the plug behind the outlet but not the rest. And can't seem tolocate the proper harness. I have the inverter under my new seat plus the plug but can't find the wiring harness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-10-11-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-10-11-52.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 590
OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
damn just when all mods were moving along smoothly lol

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You need the power inverter that mounts under passenger seat plus proper harness and a sales code. Haven't seen anyone pull it off yet some trucks don't seem to have proper wiring. They all have the plug behind the outlet but not the rest. And can't seem tolocate the proper harness. I have the inverter under my new seat plus the plug but can't find the wiring harness.
You schooled me, I figured that the power inverter was already built in, just not hooked up.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You schooled me, I figured that the power inverter was already built in, just not hooked up.

Yea I was hoping the same thing when I saw the plug behind the bezel. I have been looking for a harness but the wrecking yards don't list them and Ram doesn't seem to sell just the harness. I have heard of some guys saying that there trucks actually had the harness that goes to the seat in there trucks but I haven't seen it myself. If someone ever was able to get a hold of the correct harness it probably wouldn't be hard to have others made.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
There is way too much wiring to make it reasonable. Has to run from pass seat to driver bcm, to driver seat and to the plug behind the dash. also need a sales code that cannot be added by a dealer and only by Chrysler

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
adding the factory inverter is not easy. i was thinking about using the factory dash plug and wiring it to a nice aftermarket power inverter. far less trouble. i wanted to try and use the factory on/off switch as well but after buying one it looks like that wont happen.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Would not need to add sales code, I would not wire it into the can, no need to just supply Acc power to the inverter, and run harness directly to plug in the dash. But for 150 watt why bother it would be **** on a bull.

There are auto switching inverters on the market with remote outlets available with much higher wattage. By auto switching I mean the inverter turns itself on and off when you plug something into it, these same units also have remote receptacles so you could mount the inverter almost anywhere. There was one I was looking at was at advanced auto it was a 2000 watt. Personally I would not even waste my time on installing any inverter with less than 450 watts.

One huge word of caution for anyone thinking of this, judging by the way these idiots at Fiat design and build things the wattage rating on the OEM plug, connector and wires in the connector may not support much higher wattage and could catch fire,!

Common sense I know but I had to say it.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you made a harness to make it work I would be your first customer. I already have the inverter and plug.

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm with Rick, got plug and inverter ready to go.

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I agree as well, I'm down for buying a harness

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
An aftermarket inverter would be the easiest route.... the plug is nice for somethings. Chargers phone,laptops,when my daughter had breathing treatments I plugged into so we could do them on the road.

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 400W that I wired into the harness under the center seat of my regular cab 2012. It's Velcro mounted to the front of the tray behind the seat...easy to reach from driver or passenger seat.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where the heck does the inverter plug into under the passenger seat? I've got the bracket, inverter and wiring harness. I just can't locate the plug. I'm assuming it's under the carpet or center seat but don't want to start taking things apart. Help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Forget the factory inverter, it's way too underpowered anyway. I just bought a tiny 300w power inverter on amazon for $20 hard wired it to a switched battery power then got a universal computer power cord from whatever... a lamp cord even it doesn't matter.

I plugged that cord into the inverter as normal then the other end I stripped the 2 wires and connected them directly to the terminals in the dash plug.

When I have to removed the HVAC radio bezel for any reason I just unplug that power cord from the inverter mounted behind there