Adding halos and u-bars to oem projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Has anyone added halos and u-bars to their oem factory projectors? What brand did you use? Was opening up the headlights hard? Thoughts? Comments? I've been thinking about doing this, just not sure.....

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven't added halos/ubars but opening the headlights are a -itch. Lots of patience and u gotta be very careful not to break any tabs or pieces off when prying apart.

OP
OP
Solej

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure if I want to break them open.... On the fence.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most people will recommend to have an extra set of lights before you begin including myself. Mainly for the sake of possibly messing up and the amount of time your truck will be down.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I've done a few.......thousand. ;)

On this specific application, OEM projectors......they can be a bit tricky for a first timer. If you've never opened a headlight, opening a set of $1200 (MSRP) lights can be a bit scary!

The halos and C bars, there really is only one brand out there, made by Morimoto......but, they no longer stock them - they updated a few things......I bought them out of the remaining 100mm rings and fitted C bars (as we do quite a bit of those here at RetroShop). After the lights are open, the rest is relatively self explanatory, nothing crazy.....

We typically pair it with the lower Diode Dynamics switchback boards, solder it all to the OEM parking/turn light circuits, makes for a very easy install back onto the truck.....as there is absolutely no wiring required by the customer then. ;)

Hit me up if you are interested in a quote - [email protected] - thx!