Aftermarket Back-up Camera with OEM RBZ Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Genguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

Has anyone done this? Id like to put in a back up camera, but the OEM one is pretty terrible video quality, so for the 350bucks Id rather try and install a cheaper and higher quality camera.

Thanks!

OP
OP
G

Genguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those curious, For a 2009-2012 with OEM radio/screen that is not equipped with a factory back-up camera, you can install a generic aftermarket back-up camera. I bought one off amazon for $30 bucks shipped. Works perfectly.

I followed the OEM Mopar backup camera instructions for the wiring into my RBZ deck/screen. Hardest part was getting a connector for the back. If you find a full load truck at a wrecker.

KjT817

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
For those curious, For a 2009-2012 with OEM radio/screen that is not equipped with a factory back-up camera, you can install a generic aftermarket back-up camera. I bought one off amazon for $30 bucks shipped. Works perfectly.

I followed the OEM Mopar backup camera instructions for the wiring into my RBZ deck/screen. Hardest part was getting a connector for the back. If you find a full load truck at a wrecker.

any more details on this?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
You can get a generic camera from Amazon for cheap $. While this part is not "cheap" the next thing you need is a Lockpic from costaletech.com. There are a few different models available. It makes the rear camera install P-N-P. Also gives the option to add 3 additional cameras. Been running the CHR5 on my Challenger for 4 years now. There may be other options but that is what I went with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963