BDS Fox Coilover ride hight adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone adjusted your Fox coilovers while they are on the truck? I got my new BDS spanner wrench today. I want to adjust mine another 0.5". I have done a lot of research on this and I can't find anything on these coilovers on adjusting them. I have a 1.5" rake. I am just trying to get it to a 1" rake. Any help would be appreciated.

20160911_151924_zps1mduuu3b.jpg

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
How's the clearance to get at the adjustment nuts? Is it tucked up into the strut tower or is it accessible? If you can get to it, all you need to do is jack up the front of the truck to get the weight off it and then adjust the nut as necessary. Keep in mind that you won't need to turn it a full 1/2" down to get a 1/2" of lift.

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How's the clearance to get at the adjustment nuts? Is it tucked up into the strut tower or is it accessible? If you can get to it, all you need to do is jack up the front of the truck to get the weight off it and then adjust the nut as necessary. Keep in mind that you won't need to turn it a full 1/2" down to get a 1/2" of lift.

Yes I can get to it. Fox told me 4 full turns will get me another half inch.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Awesome! Then I'd just jack up the front end like I said, mark the nut, and turn it down 4 times from there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get your alignment checked after making the change as well. It will likely need to be tweaked.

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! Then I'd just jack up the front end like I said, mark the nut, and turn it down 4 times from there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get your alignment checked after making the change as well. It will likely need to be tweaked.

Yeah it will need an alignment after. I'm going to have the shop do it when I get new tires.