BDS lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yaahmean313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 ram 1500 and I've been researching lift kits. I'm pretty settled on BDS. Does anyone know if the 4 or 6" kit is a direct bolt-on or will I have to cut the differential bracket like the rough country kit? The reason I'm asking is because it's a lease.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm gonna agree. Not a good idea on your leased truck. Yes, you'll be cutting the front dif bracket.

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 ram 1500 and I've been researching lift kits. I'm pretty settled on BDS. Does anyone know if the 4 or 6" kit is a direct bolt-on or will I have to cut the differential bracket like the rough country kit? The reason I'm asking is because it's a lease.

Just had this done on my 2017 and yes the bracket has to go8cfdfad971a1fb519e37e3790c17aafc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the BDS 6" lift on my truck and yes the differentiaw bracket has to be cut. I am pretty sure it needs to be cut with any lift that requires the differential to be lowered. I was careful when I cut it and kept all the parts. If I ever wanted to remove the lift I can weld the piece back in and metal finish and re paint that part of the frame. That being said I deffenetly wouldn't recommend doing this to a lease unless you are 200% sure you are keeping the truck after the lease is up. If your not sure I would get a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks and set them at 2.8" lift for the front and raise the back with a spring spacer 1" and go with that.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I just installed the BDS 6" lift on my truck and yes the differentiaw bracket has to be cut. I am pretty sure it needs to be cut with any lift that requires the differential to be lowered. I was careful when I cut it and kept all the parts. If I ever wanted to remove the lift I can weld the piece back in and metal finish and re paint that part of the frame. That being said I deffenetly wouldn't recommend doing this to a lease unless you are 200% sure you are keeping the truck after the lease is up. If your not sure I would get a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks and set them at 2.8" lift for the front and raise the back with a spring spacer 1" and go with that.

This ^^.

Jwturner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bds lift and tires

This is my first time posting. I have only ever read them and with that being said i know how crazy people get if they post in the wrong place and stuff like that. If i am doing this wrong please correct me and some guidance would be greatly appreciated. With that out the way. I own a 2016 ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 hemi. I have decided to go with the bds 6" lift and the fox 2.0 shocks. My question is to go with 35x12.5x20 which is the standard everyone has lift, or do I go with the 37x13.5x20. I want the 37s but I'm afraid that is too much tire for a 1500. I know the gearing is a factor but with 392 and an 8 speed I figured it could handle that just fine. If thats incorrect please let me know. I know i will be hurting with gas milage but here is a list of my questions if i go with 37.

1. Will the drive/ride be changed dramatically
2. Will the secondary parts wear out faster? brackets, steering system, powertrain, or anything else y'all can think of.
3. If i get bags put on it will I loose my tow rating because of the lift and tires
4. Will that lift and tires void any warranty
5. Will i need to change out the gearing
6. If their is anything else I'm missing please inform me.

Thank you for your help in advance.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
This is my first time posting. I have only ever read them and with that being said i know how crazy people get if they post in the wrong place and stuff like that. If i am doing this wrong please correct me and some guidance would be greatly appreciated. With that out the way. I own a 2016 ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 hemi. I have decided to go with the bds 6" lift and the fox 2.0 shocks. My question is to go with 35x12.5x20 which is the standard everyone has lift, or do I go with the 37x13.5x20. I want the 37s but I'm afraid that is too much tire for a 1500. I know the gearing is a factor but with 392 and an 8 speed I figured it could handle that just fine. If thats incorrect please let me know. I know i will be hurting with gas milage but here is a list of my questions if i go with 37.

1. Will the drive/ride be changed dramatically
2. Will the secondary parts wear out faster? brackets, steering system, powertrain, or anything else y'all can think of.
3. If i get bags put on it will I loose my tow rating because of the lift and tires
4. Will that lift and tires void any warranty
5. Will i need to change out the gearing
6. If their is anything else I'm missing please inform me.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Part of your decision on tire size will be based on what wheels you want to run. If you go with a wider wheel you won't be able to run 37's because of clearance.
With your truck having 3.92 gears and an 8 speed I wouldn't hesitate to run 37's though if that's the route you want to take.

As far as your questions go:

1. The ride will essentially stay the same with the lift kit or potentially increase if you install Bilstein front struts or coilovers with the kit. You'll definitely feel the lift and wheels/tires but the truck will still be very driveable.
2. The simple answer, yes. You're adding a lot of unsprung weight and rotational mass so that is going to wear the brakes, ball joints, bearings, etc. quicker. But it's not going to be a crazy amount. I'd call it maybe 25% quicker than stock to throw a number at it.
3. Technically, no. But you probably won't want to tow up at your max rating anymore because of the heavier and larger wheels/tires.
4. No. They may deny warranty on parts that have worn out because of the lift directly but they cannot void your entire warranty because of a lift.
5. No
6. No you've pretty much covered it all. From here it would just be nailing down your exact setup.