Bumper ram air scoop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Made my own air scoop that ties into the stock air box. 3" plastic drain, brake duct hose and duct scoop. Cut a hole in the plastic bumper filler piece, and mounted the scoop to the backside with a couple screws. Going to clean up the mount eventually with some aluminum or something. The filler piece isn't on flat mounts like I had hoped, so making a new mount will be a little trickier than expected. It works though, and was cheap. Maybe not as sexy as an S&B, or Vararam, but it puts money aside for other modifications.
rbhdmr.jpg
xm1u6q.jpg
sxktfn.jpg
f1mkvm.jpg

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea, would be worried about driving in heavy rain tho.
Any noticeable difference in performance?
Throttle response?

OP
OP
Gump

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the convoluted tubing and bends I don't think water will make it to the air box, but I will be keeping an eye on it. I haven't really opened it up, but the IATs are pretty close to ambient while driving now.

OP
OP
Gump

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also didn't cut the center out of the drain so it'd catch anything large that may try to make its way through.