Cant activate UConnect after RA4 install, Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So i swapped my RA2 with a RA4 and added shark fin and 911 mirror. I called uconnect today get my services activated and they aid we have had many customer call after their swap and they got with their engineers and there just is no way to do it since the RA4 didn't come with the truck.

Im not buying this BS, any one figure out how to have maybe a code added to the truck to show it came with the radio or have the radio reprogrammed?

Please help really want my Connect feature.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Nope, Sorry not gonna happen. Ive gone through 20+ people at FCA in management and they still wont/cant turn the function on

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
whats the reasoning behind it you think?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
whats the reasoning behind it you think?

In my opinion, it is two fold. One is that factory equipped vehicles with these radios are tied into the VIN at manufacture. Second is to discourage people to not buy a lower trim level and add after the fact, thereby forcing you to buy the upper trim level and packages to get this feature.

FCA is not making the bucks with people taking junk pull radios and adding unconnect services after the fact. The money is up front with people making the higher trim and package purchase upfront.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
People have already tried in the past. No dice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk