Complete How to do a LED Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffmiller32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you getting any warning lights with the LED headlights?

I know you said you had issues with the blinkers?

Any hyper flashing or other known issues?

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Are you getting any warning lights with the LED headlights?

I know you said you had issues with the blinkers?

Any hyper flashing or other known issues?

I never installed the blinkers because I didn't want to tap into the wire. No warning lights, I did have a little flickering with the headlights once I installed the high beams but it seemed to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markj11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
thanks for the write up. Your post indicates you used the Quad lights 9005/H11 but your images look like you have Dual. I think I'm confused by the image on page 2. I have a 2013 that have the blinker in the upper part (Quad based on the page 2) but you used Quad lights and your blinker is on the bottom. Thanks for the help.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Greetings, I have a question for anyone using this set up in their truck. I installed the headlights (I Have the Quads) using the same brands as described by the author of the thread. In the first week of having them installed I keep getting an intermittent TPS failure and this morning my Service 4wd light came on. I turned the truck off then back on and the service 4wd light went off and didn't come back on. As for the TPS it comes on after driving for a little while and then just goes off on its own. Could this be linked to the headlights or just a coincidence?

Service four wheel drive may be something to get checked out. As for the TPS light it's Totally normal. It has something to do with the frequency and being so close it just throws the code. My 2010 big horn does the same thing. You learn to ignore it when the lights come on. It's on for 15 seconds max if it's cold out.

dpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Awesome right up! Any updates? Could you elaborate on the problem you ran into with the high beam not fitting? Curious if this will lead to moisture in the housing...

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tried doing this using the Sylvania Zevo Superbright lights sold by Autozone and Orielly and immeadiately got the bulb out message for Turn signals and Reverse lights.

Guess I am going to have to search Amazon or Ebay for chipped bulbs.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any FM radio interference with any of the LEDs (specifically highs/lows/fogs)?

There are lots on here that are shying away from LEDs due to that issue, specifically OPT7 products.

josdad00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never installed the blinkers because I didn't want to tap into the wire. No warning lights, I did have a little flickering with the headlights once I installed the high beams but it seemed to go away.

I found these resistors on Amazon so I didn't have to do anything to my wiring harness. I've only had them installed for a few days but good so far. No errors. I'm using them on a set of switchback led's. They just plugged right in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NGU9QSR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Tried doing this using the Sylvania Zevo Superbright lights sold by Autozone and Orielly and immeadiately got the bulb out message for Turn signals and Reverse lights.

I got the Zevo bulbs and I’m getting the fault messages. However I don’t want to return them. What are my options?

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What LED light do I use for the under hood light?

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
now im remembering why i quit using photobucket so many years ago, lol. watermarks on your personal photos? yeah, **** that.

CamrenR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Up here in Canada we are required to have DRLs (Which is the high beam bulb without low beams on)(Quad Projectors) , I heard that the truck will actually change the input voltage to 9V to make it dimmer which can wreak havoc on LEDs.
When i did my truck I changed the High beams to a white halogen so it matches all the other LEDs better.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is used for the drl's?
Just about to order everything fix evic issues with alphaobd. Great thread started.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a strange one with interior LED's. I have a 2018 rcsb that I added an overhead console to about 5 months ago and no problems until I added some LED's about 3 weeks ago. They were from China and supposed to be CAN bus compatible and error free. They worked fine for about 2 weeks and I really love the bright light. Last week I noticed that when I opened the passenger door none of the interior lights came on but I didn't pay much attention to it. I noticed today that I was having the same issue when I opened either door and even turning the dimmer dial to interior setting they wouldn't come on. When I push each individual o/h console switch those lights work but the dome never came on at all.

So I took the LED's out and put the incandescent bulbs back it and everything is back to perfect working order. Is the CAN bus or whatever in these or my 2018 that sensitive that it caused a problem with cheap bulbs?

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Thanks for the nice information. Will be switching mine as I get time.

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Or go and get the AlfaODB software and change your BC Computer setting to LED bulbs... no flicker, not light out, no issue.

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the Zevo bulbs and I’m getting the fault messages. However I don’t want to return them. What are my options?

AlfaODB software to change the BC computer setting to LED.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought a 02 silverado some year back that someone had swapped in HID's back when that first became the "cool thing to do" I was constantly having people flash me. I have had them in for 1 week as of today and they don't seem to bother anyone.

Thats good. If people are flashing you, you are blinding them and you are about 1 inch from road rage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota