Cracked intake manifold connector to PCV valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, long story short I was attempting to remove my fan clutch from my old water pump during a water pump replacement when my cheater bar cracked a piece of the manifold that connects to the PCV valve. I really don't want to have to pay and replace the entire manifold for just this small piece and was hoping there might be a work around, especially considering I'm stationed overseas in Germany and it would be incredibly costly to order the part and have it put in. Can I just JB weld it back together? Or possibly plastic weld it?

Any ideas that would help would be much.... much appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7150.jpg
    IMG_7150.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 547

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You can try and JB weld it back together but if that doesn't hold then I would just get a brass hose barb and tap the hole.

OP
OP
G

Goose217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not familiar with the brass hose barb and tapping, could you elaborate? I googled the term and not sure what you're suggesting. Thank you for the response

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Intake manifold is plastic--JB Weld ought to be plenty strong.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Not familiar with the brass hose barb and tapping, could you elaborate? I googled the term and not sure what you're suggesting. Thank you for the response

Tapping is creating a thread in the existing hole and I don't know how better to describe a brass hose bard other than Google that exact term and look at images; one end is threaded the other is barbed, it's made from brass.

OP
OP
G

Goose217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, I grasp it now. I just didn't understand the point of the threaded end. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll try the JB Weld first, and hopefully that works.