Did anyone else recipe an email from Auto Engenuity about the new software update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, thank you- i hope their sales team or customer service is more willing to help. I called ODB Genie 2x and got the same monotone, non helpful dude who I think hates his job and his life. It was like pulling teeth to get him to help about anything.

You think those ODB Genie guys got a AE tool and just write code to the Genie and resell it ? lol

I am really concerned that AE did lock me out of stuff that you guys were able to do back earlier this year. My version is 15.21 and i have only seen 15.1 and 15.2 so far.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Reading the release notes for the AE (v15.3 is out), I don't see anything mentioned that would cause you to be locked out of a setting other than what we have seen with specific years of trucks, ie can't see the Electronic Overhead Module (EoM) on 2014's to enable the compass and can't enable AutoDim Mirrors. Different year BCM's seem to have different settings visible and/or writable with the AE and some years have additional settings that prior years don't. Some settings are still there but can't be touched with the AE, that's where the OBDgenies are making their $$.

Last edited:

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, I totally agree Grim. That was a big part of what support said, they don't really Auto-sense the network after the BCM when you hit configure module, they read whats in there and then display it for you to modify. If it truly auto-sensed anything it would see and display modules with sales codes installed and sales codes not installed, then allow you to SET them into action. Hence that is where ODB Genie comes in and writes some code and wala it works! but they not infotainment were up for what I needed. They said keep checking back, but they did say, the Ram owners are by far their biggest market segment for these upgrades. So we have some power I think, but what to do with it, I have no idea.

ON a side note- its been a few days now, does anyone have any input on using this AE Tool to allow video in motion or nav in motion? if not i am stuck buying another Lockpick, this time the V2 Air.

Thank you!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hence that is where ODB Genie comes in and writes some code and wala it works! but they not infotainment were up for what I needed. They said keep checking back, but they did say, the Ram owners are by far their biggest market segment for these upgrades. So we have some power I think, but what to do with it, I have no idea.

ON a side note- its been a few days now, does anyone have any input on using this AE Tool to allow video in motion or nav in motion? if not i am stuck buying another Lockpick, this time the V2 Air.

Thank you!
Was it OBDgenie/infotainment/NavRepair4 that said "keep checking back" or someone else? (they are essentially the same entity, ie different divisions it think).

The AE tool only has access to the "Media Center" (ie Radio) splash screen setting so not much hope of using it to enable video/nav in motion. There are several things the AE Tool shows but apparently can't actually write to at all or correctly. We don't really find out until we try it and it doesn't work, ie My14 AutoHigh Beam Sensor, Door Module settings (ie mirrors), & ?

As someone posted in your other thread, it looks like the LockPick Air V2 has been struck down by the RA3/RA4 v17.x firmware update also.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Grimm, Yes, it was that group that said keep checking back and check the website.

In the AE tool, I saw some entries for emergency brake- enable/ disable- engage? can you tell me what you see and do you think we can fake enable it?

Yep, saw that post on the V2. I am in conversation with them right now trying to get to the bottom of this BS> Very upsetting, I almost pulled the trigger that night.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm out of town over the next 2 weeks for work. No access to the AE or my truck.

I haven't heard of anyone messing with that and I don't recommend you try it unless you are willing to seriously mess up your BCM since the outcome is unknown. You may end up with no issues, nothing actually happening, or a disabled truck that you need towed to the dealer ... These are the risks with the AE tool which you are likely picking up on by now.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There are several things the AE Tool shows but apparently can't actually write to at all or correctly. We don't really find out until we try it and it doesn't work, ie My14 AutoHigh Beam Sensor, Door Module settings (ie mirrors), & ?

MPGrimm,
Am I interpreting what you said correctly? The AE cannot change the mirror settings on a 2014? I'm going to be installing power folding tow mirrors on my 2014 CC Express and I was considering spending the $200 more to get the AE instead of the ODB Genie, but if it can't set the 4 codes needed (LER, LEB, LEC, LEG), that would nix it for me.

-K

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
MPGrimm,
Am I interpreting what you said correctly? The AE cannot change the mirror settings on a 2014? I'm going to be installing power folding tow mirrors on my 2014 CC Express and I was considering spending the $200 more to get the AE instead of the ODB Genie, but if it can't set the 4 codes needed (LER, LEB, LEC, LEG), that would nix it for me.

-K

Correct. The AE won't help you with this. The dealer can add the signal/puddle light codes, but not the power fold.

Unfortunately the genie is the only commercial option unless you can code and load your own raw BCM data values.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Grimm, when you guys got the heated and vented seats working, were their codes or switches for those and now there are not? I didn't follow that giant post to know exactly how it worked..... mine came factory thank goodness, but after reading this damn tool cannot even do mirrors, I am calling to see if i can get my money back, restocking fee or not.

Is there any solution we can purchase that can load raw BCM values as you said? or anywhere we can send our BCM? I am kicking around the BluRay solution in the Durangos and Jeeps in my truck as a hardwire install, and no lock pick. Even if you wire up correctly to the back of the head unit, i am told you still have to activate the right ports of the 52 on the back to do what you want them to do?

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm not familiar with the BluRay solution in the Durangos (got a link?) & I'm not terribly familiar myself with the heated/cooled seat install since I haven't done it yet (may never do it unless I come across a deal locally on a set of seats). I know there are settings in the back for them that the AE can successfully change but i would have to dig through the thread for them (and they may change slightly for some My's).

Currently the OBDgenies are the only method to successfully write the raw data to the BCM's. And they are extremely pricey on a per code basis ($200-$300 OUCH!).

The AE wasn't intended for this, it's just a bonus we found that they have considered removing due to complaints. I've heard talk of other competitors coming out with something similar to the Genies but that's all.

What I would like to see is a combo of the AE & genie with a PC/OBD interface and predefined GUI menu buttons that can easily be toggled on/off to enable the various sales codes and options we all want to add (no actual diagnostics). Ability to update/add updated sales code lists to it via a free or very reasonable downloadable file would be ideal (ie $15 for complete list, not individual) ...

One device, One price, All Options/Typical Codes, for My13 - My18 (& others as practical)

Who has the ability to do that at a reasonable price? (ie $400-$500) That would be a product I would consider carrying/reselling as a vendor.

Last edited:

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some Rams come with a CD Player in the console- in the Durango and Jeep vehicles you can get a bluray player in the console. Same size, same type interface to the nav, just added video now. Infotainment makes an interface to wire it up- its their CD player interface with 2 more wires for video. From what i have read, when you add the code for bluray entertainment, it gives you all the on screen prompts to control the bluray in the nav. You can also use the CD player interface i think, and add 2 wires to the plug on both ends. One guy said it was like the heated rear seats, vs rear heated seats with lights, just same plug with empty spaces on it and they get filled up.

Don't worry about the AE tool doing anything with the seats, I am going to see about sending it back, I have tried too long and it just upsets me now.

Do you know anyone at ODB that will write code? i called a few times and they just blow me off and say keep checking the site, but i would gladly pay 200 for the bluray code.

i agree, if someone would make that device, all the codes, pay as you go or one flat fee, they would make a load of money.