Direct Rearview mirror swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just picked up a 911 assist mirror and installed my 8.4 radio both out of the same truck. can i just plug the new mirror in and get the 911 and auto dimming feature to work that easy or is there a mod to that too?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
If you already have the plug for the mirror in your truck if you say had an autodimming from the factory but no 911/connect, it should be a direct plug and play microphone wise and autodimming. IF your truck didnt come with an electronic mirror from the factory then you will need the harness to run from the mirror to the connector behind the glove box.

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine now doesn't have auto dimming but does have microphone for 5.0 uconnect

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone know the part numbers for the harness needed for the rearview mirror with microphone.

I'm going from RA1 to RA4 and want to add the mirror microphones to complete the bluetooth portion of the upgrade. I think I found the mirror I need on car-part.com, but right now I have the plain jane nothing mirror, so I know I'll need the harness.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Anyone know the part numbers for the harness needed for the rearview mirror with microphone.

I'm going from RA1 to RA4 and want to add the mirror microphones to complete the bluetooth portion of the upgrade. I think I found the mirror I need on car-part.com, but right now I have the plain jane nothing mirror, so I know I'll need the harness.

mirror harness is.....68172193AE

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/68172193ae

Last edited:

Kurt S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have the rearview mirror with the backup camera built into it & auto-dim, but no microphone. I upgraded from the RA1 to the RA2 but don't can't use the Bluetooth because I don't have a microphone anywhere.
How much was the mirror with microphone & can I have the camera feed switched from the mirror to the radio?
Thanks,
Kurt

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mirror w/mic was $50-$70 on car-part.com

Camera feed switched to the radio, I am 100% positive that this can be done. However, I'm not fully sure what all you will need to do there. I would imagine that their is a certain amount of wiring that you are missing since you came from the RA1. It's quite possible that the harness being discussed at http://www.ramforum.com/f75/opinions_backup_camera_harness_works-72048/ is the one you might need.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I currently have the rearview mirror with the backup camera built into it & auto-dim, but no microphone. I upgraded from the RA1 to the RA2 but don't can't use the Bluetooth because I don't have a microphone anywhere.
How much was the mirror with microphone & can I have the camera feed switched from the mirror to the radio?
Thanks,
Kurt

Yes it can be done and several members on here have done it. Foum member "nyciti" would likely be able to help you with that. There are also companies offering this as well.

Re-route RCA from rearview mirror to dash for JailBreak kit. | Customtronix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota