DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anybody figured out a way to add DRL'S to the 2015 ram? Looking at the diode dynamics switchback leds and would like to figure out how to utilize the DRL feature without having to do something stupid.

2015 ram sport 4x4

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you already have DRl's they are built into the system because they are required in Canada but they don't come activated on usa models ,all you need is to get a dealer to activate them with his scan tool. There is a topic here on it already with all the info.

OP
OP
grozier

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you already have DRl's they are built into the system because they are required in Canada but they don't come activated on usa models ,all you need is to get a dealer to activate them with his scan tool. There is a topic here on it already with all the info.
I've read some dealers won't or don't know how to activate them and that trucks they tried didn't work for. Since mine is a 15 it should be in the system already right? They just need to activate the LM5 sales code?

2015 ram sport 4x4

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read some dealers won't or don't know how to activate them and that trucks they tried didn't work for. Since mine is a 15 it should be in the system already right? They just need to activate the LM5 sales code?

2015 ram sport 4x4

If they cannot find the the option to enable ask to change country code to Canada and the option should appear, this is also in another thread. I had issues with dealers claiming they didnt know how. Just have to find a dealer willing to try. My truck is Canadian and I finally found a dealer that turned mine off.

OP
OP
grozier

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Funny you guys want them off and we want ours on

2015 ram sport 4x4

OP
OP
grozier

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh that makes sense. I'm looking into the switchback leds so I want those on

2015 ram sport 4x4

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they cannot find the the option to enable ask to change country code to Canada and the option should appear, this is also in another thread. I had issues with dealers claiming they didnt know how. Just have to find a dealer willing to try. My truck is Canadian and I finally found a dealer that turned mine off.

This is incorrect - you do not have to switch the country code from US to Canada. From what I have learned, Chrysler has removed the option from 2015.5 - 2016 trucks. Even if you have the DRL OEM wire on your headlight harness (just like I do), your dealer will be unsuccessful at getting it activated. My dealer worked with me but the option just was not there for him to select.

Thus, the 40$ DRL module is well worth the money and the hour or so it takes to install (properly and neatly). :word:

Ram48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7
This is incorrect - you do not have to switch the country code from US to Canada. From what I have learned, Chrysler has removed the option from 2015.5 - 2016 trucks. Even if you have the DRL OEM wire on your headlight harness (just like I do), your dealer will be unsuccessful at getting it activated. My dealer worked with me but the option just was not there for him to select.

Thus, the 40$ DRL module is well worth the money and the hour or so it takes to install (properly and neatly). :word:

Yet another question:

I have the DRL in my projector headlights, but on the lowbeam´s (dimmed). How can the dealer change this? We have looked into the BCM und could find that DRL is enabled, but no selection possibility. Is there a way to change this in BCM? Or must we change the salescode?

I´m in Europe, but the RAM (2015) is from Canada....

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The normal DRL operation is to light up the low beams with PWM DC so they are dimmer.

One can't change the PWM rate/characteristics. You either turn the lights on or perhaps add a relay (and circuit that keeps the relay from ringing) to drive the low beam bulbs with straight battery power. The circuit will also have to keep the TIPM happy or it will throw a code.

Ram48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5,7
The normal DRL operation is to light up the low beams with PWM DC so they are dimmer.

One can't change the PWM rate/characteristics. You either turn the lights on or perhaps add a relay (and circuit that keeps the relay from ringing) to drive the low beam bulbs with straight battery power. The circuit will also have to keep the TIPM happy or it will throw a code.

Thank you.

I want the amber led's. So i think the Dealer must change the salescode. Possibility?