Eraser Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, used one of these. Removed all of the double sided tape really well.

I bought the 3m one from Napa.. and yes paid about 25 more than I would have on amazon.

To whoever recommended goof off... ya, do NOT use that. FU*Ks up your paint.

Anyway... now that all the RAM 1500 is gone.. only thing that is left is the outline... but I'm not sure its from the double sided tape. I think its because the area of the paint under the emblems is still brand new.. and the paint around the outside is 4 years old.

Anyone got any secrets to remove that outline? Just wash and wax? Because I tried that but did a quick wax... maybe have to go a little bit more in depth.

Thx guys.

And anyone thinking about the eraser wheel... works awesome.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used gasoline for the double sided tape residue, truck was only about a year old though. Didn't mess up my paint at all. Worked like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How about getting it off the door guards? I've been using goof off and that other crap that I can't think of the name

2015 ram sport 4x4

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
only thing that is left is the outline...

That's what happened when I remove the old sticker from my car.
Clean the affected parts by washing it and wipe it dry.
Rubbing Compound>Polishing Compound>Finish with Wax
Be careful with the Rubbing Compound, :)
You may first try Polishing Compound then Wax

Last edited:

tojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
3M eraser wheel is too damn easy not to use. Just make sure you keep it moving.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gearhead87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
So, used one of these. Removed all of the double sided tape really well.

I bought the 3m one from Napa.. and yes paid about 25 more than I would have on amazon.

To whoever recommended goof off... ya, do NOT use that. FU*Ks up your paint.

Anyway... now that all the RAM 1500 is gone.. only thing that is left is the outline... but I'm not sure its from the double sided tape. I think its because the area of the paint under the emblems is still brand new.. and the paint around the outside is 4 years old.

Anyone got any secrets to remove that outline? Just wash and wax? Because I tried that but did a quick wax... maybe have to go a little bit more in depth.

Thx guys.

And anyone thinking about the eraser wheel... works awesome.

You should be able to use a light compound hand buff a few times polish and then wax. Or use a buffer if you have one available.

If the ghost image is still there you will need to do a light wet sanding with 1200 or above sand paper or block then do the steps above.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be able to use a light compound hand buff a few times polish and then wax. Or use a buffer if you have one available.

If the ghost image is still there you will need to do a light wet sanding with 1200 or above sand paper or block then do the steps above.

Hope this helps.

Thx man.

Gunna give it a go this weekend!

Gearhead87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
No problem! Post some pics of the results.

Glowrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Really been thinking about debadging my 2500. I usually do for all of my vehicles - I like the clean look, and makes it a ton easier to wash.

Part of me wants to keep the badges though, since its a Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi. I don't want a million questions about whether is a Cummins, is that the 5.7, is that the Big Horn, etc (I work for Cummins, so people just assume it would be diesel)

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really been thinking about debadging my 2500. I usually do for all of my vehicles - I like the clean look, and makes it a ton easier to wash.

Part of me wants to keep the badges though, since its a Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi. I don't want a million questions about whether is a Cummins, is that the 5.7, is that the Big Horn, etc (I work for Cummins, so people just assume it would be diesel)

So leave just that emblem. I plan on putting the HEMI 5.7 one on.. just the blacked out one with the red. I hate chrome.

I actually think they look better with 1 emblem on the side. Rather than all the RAM 2500 / 1500 etc..

I will post some photos this weekend when I am done.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Eraser wheel and regular ol gas has never failed me on badge removal....The rest of the stuff is a joke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eraser wheel and regular ol gas has never failed me on badge removal....The rest of the stuff is a joke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Eraser wheel is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk