Fog lights ON with Bright lights ON Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck : 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Express
My fogs are stock and headlights are factory stock quads .

☆☆☆EDIT☆☆☆☆

PRETTY SURE THE HARNESS CONNECTION IS DEAD , EITHER WAY The harness connection has left many , many of us here just HANGING over the last several months , so Please DISREGARD ANYTIME I MENTION the harness connection.

THANK you !

Last edited:

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Only thing I don't like about this mod is that the highs become active whenever the fogs are on. I'd still rather the fogs be a separate circuit and stay on with the highs as a means of low coverage.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I was interested in this until I read that you lose fogs with low beams - out in the sticks where I live, you need all the light you can get because of the deer, coyotes, giant raccoons and the occasional pig/cow/horse that has managed to get out of their pen; losing the fogs with the low beam option just doesn't cut it. Too bad we can't just run a jumper wire from one fuse to another like you could 15 years ago...

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I see this as an excuse for some to run with their hi-beams on ALL the time. I have 0 respect for people that have their hi-beams on (blinding) oncoming traffic..... They get 1 flash... if they don't turn it off then they get mine.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This kit does omit fogs with low beams on , but you still have low beams with it wired this way .

cb36aaa1602ecf7f42b00be2110342b6.jpg

Just not fogs with low beams .

I would like to have that option as well , but I mainly wanted extra light when I'm running brights due to these Damn factory quads having such a low light output . Now I have the option to run lows ,highs and fogs all at the same time if needed ! They are just as quick to go back to low beam only as before .

I think this easy and cheep $70.00 plug n play kit is a good option to achieve more light output . I was gonna upgrade my head lights but I just can't see spending $300 - $1,000 to do so .

A fogs on with brights on kit with the addition of a relay triggered by voltage from the high beam circuit through the relay to the fogs could be done fairly easily. This way you wouldn't loose the low beam with fogs option .

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see this as an excuse for some to run with their hi-beams on ALL the time. I have 0 respect for people that have their hi-beams on (blinding) oncoming traffic..... They get 1 flash... if they don't turn it off then they get mine.
LOL with this kit after your one flash you could be a real A$$ and give em your HIGH,LOWS &FOGS ! LOL !

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the whole plug & play part. The lack of fogs in low beam is what detours me. Is there way to do this and still keep the normal function of the fogs?

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not legal in my state, to have fog and brights or any other accessory driving lights. They are for off road only and require a cover when on the road.
Stock head lights seem fine for me. But bulbs can be upgraded to something like silver stars and still be legal and not blind other drivers. Which id be more concerned of than an animal. Flashing bright lights or leaving brights on is dangerous and illegal in my state.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not legal in my state, to have fog and brights or any other accessory driving lights. They are for off road only and require a cover when on the road.
Stock head lights seem fine for me. But bulbs can be upgraded to something like silver stars and still be legal and not blind other drivers. Which id be more concerned of than an animal. Flashing bright lights or leaving brights on is dangerous and illegal in my state.

Upgrade to silverstars? lol I have SS Ultras in my Charger, I refuse to drive it in the dark because I CAN'T SEE **** with those lights - far worse than the OEM lights. Whiter does not mean better...

I'm guessing you live in the Republik of Kalifornia where EVERYTHING is illegal...

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, Michigan. I only said like silver stars, I'm sure there are other replacements. I don't understand the thought process of blinding opposing traffic. I do understand the hazard of doing so. Guess I'm not [emoji41].

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, when I go to work during winter months, especially on those days I'm working OT, the first 25~30 miles of my 48 mile drive are barren - I usually make it that far before seeing another vehicle on the road in any way shape or form, so I wouldn't be blinding anyone but the suicidal wildlife that run out and stand in the middle of the road. And unlike 99% of other drivers, I am fully focused on what is coming at me on the road - I can see the halo of light from oncoming traffic beyond the next hill or reflecting off of corner markers in the curves, prompting me to turn my high beams off (and usually them keeping theirs on because they likely incompetent drivers) before they are even close to being affected by my lighting.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think anyone would want to blind on coming traffic with this kit or similar ones , the whole idea here is having more light output when needed on rural routs and such .

turboguy327

Reaction score
I don't understand, why even build something that makes you loose fogs with low beams. I just used my tuner to turn on fogs with high beams. And I still have dogs with low beams and then some extra LED pods and bar.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

stretch78681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 squirrel cage
Separate Fog light circuit

Wonder if you could just wire up a separate circuit for fog lights, so they are on all the time. Thus making the fog lights the DTRL, capable of staying on with High & Low. Circuit off the dash push button, would trip the relay, turn on the lights. Saw that somebody manufactured a kit for bikes that had driving lights. Or just wire a whole new circuit with a toggle switch.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted another one because CUYLERTECH with The Harness Connection no Longer Exist
As far as I know .....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963