Fog lights ON with Bright lights ON Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitz011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Upgrade to silverstars? lol I have SS Ultras in my Charger, I refuse to drive it in the dark because I CAN'T SEE **** with those lights - far worse than the OEM lights. Whiter does not mean better...

I'm guessing you live in the Republik of Kalifornia where EVERYTHING is illegal...

I got sucked into a "group think" on another forum and sprang for the Silver****s also. $100 + tax and not a lumen of improvement. Then 6 mos later I read in Consumer Reports that they are about equal to a standard halogen...just whiter

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Wonder if you could just wire up a separate circuit for fog lights, so they are on all the time. Thus making the fog lights the DTRL, capable of staying on with High & Low. Circuit off the dash push button, would trip the relay, turn on the lights. Saw that somebody manufactured a kit for bikes that had driving lights. Or just wire a whole new circuit with a toggle switch.

There is a DRL circuit in our trucks. I had it turned on so my projector DRLs work.

brownsanta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
There is a DRL circuit in our trucks. I had it turned on so my projector DRLs work.

the dealer turned the circuit on? also how much for the new harness as the site seems to be down

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an older thread. CuylerTech had an in with the dealers to have certain codes turned on through Chrysler that are no available to the general public. I don't belive he is still in business or is still active on the forum. Most people just use a jumper harness. I decided against doing it that way because my Fogs would always be on with my brights if I used the harness I bought a scan tool instead from Auto Ingenuity and can activate the Brights with Fog lights with no special harness required. By doing it with the tool and actually programing the BCM you still keep full control of the fogs and can turn them on and off as you like. I have activated mine and two others. It just takes a minute to do. if anyone lives near me I wouldn't mind activating there codes for them. I live in Northern Ca. I am pretty sure I can also activate the DRL'S.

Last edited:

brownsanta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
This is an older thread. CuylerTech had an in with the dealers to have certain codes turned on through Chrysler that are no available to the general public. I don't belive he is still in business or is still active on the forum. Most people just use a jumper harness. I decided against doing it that way because my Fogs would always be on with my brights if I used the harness I bought a scan tool instead from Auto Ingenuity and can activate the Brights with Fog lights with no special harness required. By doing it with the tool and actually programing the BCM you still keep full control of the fogs and can turn them on and off as you like. I have activated mine and two others. It just takes a minute to do. if anyone lives near me I wouldn't mind activating there codes for them. I live in Northern Ca. I am pretty sure I can also activate the DRL'S.

how much was the scan tool?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The actual tool is around 225.00 but then you need to purchase the Dodge/Chrysler interface to go with it so the total price is around 450.00. Not cheap by any means. I mainly got it to add the codes for my Auto Dim mirror for the RA4 radio plus other codes as I figure out more upgrades. You can add a lot of codes with the tool. The headlight dropout delete was just an added bonus That 00/RT showed me. I wanted the ability to add codes that the dealer cannot to give me more versatility. It works great. The only problem I have had so far is when I add the Auto High Beam code for some reason I haven't been able to get the code to actually activate in my truck it shows it's there but it's not working yet. It worked for 00/RT and I was able to install it on my nephew's truck and it works perfectly the only difference between the trucks is both of theirs are 13's and mine is a 14 there's obviously some type of a difference that I have to figure out in order to get it to work.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I give em' 1 flash.... then steady highs.... I'd they don't get the point then they get 54 inches of love.

Just like they make a sensor in your review mirror to tint when there is highbeams, I want a sensor that senses highbeams coming from the front and turns my highbeams on automatically. How cool would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I have 2 of those sensors... they are a pair of eyes. If they flash I flash, I don't need a nanny.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like they make a sensor in your review mirror to tint when there is highbeams, I want a sensor that senses highbeams coming from the front and turns my highbeams on automatically. How cool would that be?

That's the Smart Beam. It is available on higher trim level trucks. 00/RT was able to purchase the correct mirror and actually enable the code with his scan tool on his 13 Express. I bought the same tool and even though I have been able to add other codes to my 14 Express with it for some reason I cannot get the Smart Beam code to activate in my truck. I was able however to activate the code in my Nephew's 13 Bighorn.

Attachments

• 20161120_155339.jpg
    20161120_155339.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 97

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
That's the Smart Beam. It is available on higher trim level trucks. 00/RT was able to purchase the correct mirror and actually enable the code with his scan tool on his 13 Express. I bought the same tool and even though I have been able to add other codes to my 14 Express with it for some reason I cannot get the Smart Beam code to activate in my truck. I was able however to activate the code in my Nephew's 13 Bighorn.

I have those settings because I have a Laramie but it won't do what I suggested. For high beam lights coming toward me I want my high beams to match theirs until they lower than my goes down on auto with theirs.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see this as an excuse for some to run with their hi-beams on ALL the time. I have 0 respect for people that have their hi-beams on (blinding) oncoming traffic..... They get 1 flash... if they don't turn it off then they get mine.[/QUOTE.
I have no issues with on coming traffic that has there high beams on. I installed hid head light bulbs and I give the oncoming idiot one quick flash, and if that does not work, them I give them the high beams along with four 130 watt KC daylighters.

dlking05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 12 Ram, i'm able to enable my fogs through my bullydog. I love the mod, especially when it seems that its always the chevrolet people, cars and trucks, that just refuse to dim their lights. Now I just need to add the light bar to the front and rear of the truck.