Fog lights on with high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am sure it can be done and someone here knows how. I live in the woods and want my fog lights on with either low beam and or high beam. How do I do it? I love the factory button and eventually I will tie a light bar Into them to run off the same factory switch. I am not to great with electronics- so I really haven't played around with the fuse box to much to see if there is a relay, I imagine there is and I may just be able to jump a couple wires and make it work when ever I want. I googled the **** out of this and found nothing for 4th gens- All and any help appreciated.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
JJ @ Retroshop can hook you up. He's a supporting vendor here.

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added fog lights to my SLT since it came without them. I just tied tied them into my side markers and they work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know with the car platform, the only way (short of completely rewiring things) to turn fogs on with high beams is to have a StarScan tool from the dealer (unless you know one of the few private shops/personal citizens who has one) to activate a setting in the tool that allows the fogs to run with high beams. Seems gone are the days of a basic jumper wire between a fuse and a relay...

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You can isolate it with relays, I thought I have seen a thread about it here. The other option is to get in tight with a dealership and let them mess around in WiTech and see what they can enable for fog lights.. Welcome to the wonderful world of CANbus.. You think we have it bad? Try wiring lights and sirens to police cars, and no.. not everything is plug and play on the "police models".

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It may be a pita....but couldn't you just run a completly separate wiring harness tied to both fogs with their own switch...then when you turn brights on you could just turn the separate switch on for fogs?

Idk...sounded good in my head.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
It may be a pita....but couldn't you just run a completly separate wiring harness tied to both fogs with their own switch...then when you turn brights on you could just turn the separate switch on for fogs?

Idk...sounded good in my head.

That would work fine, or you have the highs activate a relay to turn on the fogs.

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just wired mine to the trailer marker lights, the front marker lights was to much draw, also looks great when on remote start because they come on

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Did this over the weekend for my truck. Took a bosch relay, and just wired 12v+ from my fuse block, used the high beam 12v for the trigger wire, and just grounded to the chassis ground. I also put a switch between the trigger wire and ran it into the cab incase I wanted to turn the fogs off.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know I did this on my Tundra. ran a jumper from the HIghs to the fog light relay at the fuse box. worked splendidly.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I still want to be able to turn them off with my factory switch, I would also like to wire in a light bar to the factory fog light switch.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Best of both worlds. Dual power Rigid D2 Driving lights, lows triggered by low beams and factory fog switch, highs triggered by high beams. Relays.

Low beams-Low fogs

High beams-High fogs

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know with the car platform, the only way (short of completely rewiring things) to turn fogs on with high beams is to have a StarScan tool from the dealer (unless you know one of the few private shops/personal citizens who has one) to activate a setting in the tool that allows the fogs to run with high beams. Seems gone are the days of a basic jumper wire between a fuse and a relay...

You can run starscan on your own laptop, just takes a special jumper wire and the starscan program can be had for about $600.. not to bad for the person who wants to poke around and turn toggles on and off. quiet handy to have actually

I'm trying to find where you can get it. a buddy of mine has it on his laptop and its what we used to do all the reprograming when I did a auto to manual swap on my 07 CTD Ram

Last edited: