Headlight Upgrage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Has anyone upgrade the LED Headlight to replace the HID kits? Any experience to choose a LED Headlights?
Some LEDs are so bright but now most guys are still using the HID. And what about the LEDs price?
Any reply will be very appreciated. thanks:)

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Leds don't light up the road as far as hids do. They have a good spread just don't shoot as far

2015 ram sport 4x4

OP
OP
N

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thanks for the reply.
but my HIDs is quite yellow compared with the LEDs. Some post mention the in the same watts LEDs is much brighter than HIDs, I don't know it is true or not.. So still want to know more about LEDs..

Leds don't light up the road as far as hids do. They have a good spread just don't shoot as far

2015 ram sport 4x4

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What temp was the hids? I have 6k hids and 6k led fogs and the fogs are slightly more white then the hids even though they are the same color temp. It really comes down to personal preference really. Leds do last longer which is nice when you have to remove the whole headlight just to replace I bulb

2015 ram sport 4x4

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If SureFire made some LED headlights they would be brighter and shine further. I love me some Surefire:favorites13:

and we could drive our trucks under water and they would still work, while being covered under warranty (the lights that is). LOL

JonTownsley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Has anyone upgrade the LED Headlight to replace the HID kits? Any experience to choose a LED Headlights?

Some LEDs are so bright but now most guys are still using the HID. And what about the LEDs price?

Any reply will be very appreciated. thanks:)

I think the only difference between the two in a practical/noticeable point is where they are being used. Hids suffer when there is multiple on/off cycles (dual function high beams for example) which leads people to put led bulbs in those applications.

Just my input I really don't notice a difference in performance.
I run HIDs in the primary headlight, leds in the turn signals and fog lights, and halogens in the highbeams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Oh you got two kind bulbs, so what do you think of your led fog lights?
My original HIDs are 4500k, its quite yellow. I'm curious why at the same temp leds are slightly more white?

What temp was the hids? I have 6k hids and 6k led fogs and the fogs are slightly more white then the hids even though they are the same color temp. It really comes down to personal preference really. Leds do last longer which is nice when you have to remove the whole headlight just to replace I bulb

2015 ram sport 4x4

OP
OP
N

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sounds nice, more detailed info? where are you ordered? Could you post some pics here? Appreciated for your share^^

If SureFire made some LED headlights they would be brighter and shine further. I love me some Surefire:favorites13:

and we could drive our trucks under water and they would still work, while being covered under warranty (the lights that is). LOL

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh you got two kind bulbs, so what do you think of your led fog lights?
My original HIDs are 4500k, its quite yellow. I'm curious why at the same temp leds are slightly more white?
Lumens I'd imagine have a big part in it. I didn't want crazy bright fogs just something that wasn't the stock yellow look

2015 ram sport 4x4

OP
OP
N

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Oh really??
Occasionally i saw some awesome bright white light LEDs, love them.. and my light quite yellow compared with those.
Light beam color, cutoff, watts, lumen etc are some performance so these are no difference? Quite curious why you install those three kind of bulbs?

One more question, what about the installation? Are three kinds are different?
Thanks for the reply:)

I think the only difference between the two in a practical/noticeable point is where they are being used. Hids suffer when there is multiple on/off cycles (dual function high beams for example) which leads people to put led bulbs in those applications.

Just my input I really don't notice a difference in performance.
I run HIDs in the primary headlight, leds in the turn signals and fog lights, and halogens in the highbeams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Novia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Uh huh..according to personal preference. I do like bright light but glare will affect the oncoming traffic. So any idea of watts and luminous?
Primary plan to buy a pair headlights and fog lights, but now..oh god,,,still chaos:sleepy10:

Lumens I'd imagine have a big part in it. I didn't want crazy bright fogs just something that wasn't the stock yellow look

2015 ram sport 4x4

jzales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive had both HID and LED headlights and I can say that the HID kit blows the LEDS away in terms of brightness. As mentioned LEDS are nice since there is no warm up time to get to full brightness like HIDS.