HID issue Please Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buffalogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hi everybody! So I am having issues installing some HID headlights in my 2014 Ram with Quad beam headlights. I know our systems are a complicated canbus system, but I still cant seem to kick the problem I am having.

I purchased some CanBus style HID kits for my fogs, low beams, and high beams. At first everything was working perfectly! Tons of light and visibility. Then after about two weeks of use, my passenger side low beam quit working. Since the rest of the HIDs in installed work working just fine, I assumed it was the either the bulb, ballast, or canbus adapter. I tried to replace the individual components to try and isolate/fix the problem but nothing seemed to work. Just to be sure, I installed the factory halogen bulb and even that did not work!! So I assumed I had a bigger problem on my hands. I then uninstalled the HIDs on both my drivers side and passenger side and the passenger headlight started to work again! What the heck?!!

At this point I am quite confused by what is happening and need some advice. Below is a link for the exact system I ordered in 6000k. (Car Rover)

https://www.amazon.com/Rover-Conver...889&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=HID+h11+canbus&th=1

Maybe the technology in this kit just doesn't mix well with our systems? Does anybody else have this issue? Maybe there is a kit out there you have had better luck with? Its so hard to go back to halogen lights when you have become accustom to HIDs. Any advice would me much appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I know in most cases you get what you pay for, but I am a pretty budget minded guy and try to invest wisely. Hopefully there is an affordable option out there.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once you leave halogen... you never go back.
I have a pretty inexpensive system myself but in addition to purchasing digital ballasts, which are supposed to eliminate the need for warning cancelers, to play it safe I still used the cancelers and a relay kit. I havent had a problem since I installed them other than not being happy with the color temp. Worst case, you can try triggering it through the parking lights but I will still recommend at least the use of a relay for the HID system. I hope that helps somehow. Did you use anything other than the kit and are you only having problems with the low beams?

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had the same exact issue two years ago with my 2012 2500 with quad beams. I resorted to going back to halogens for two miserable years with no hope of solving my issue.

A month and a half ago, I installed opt7 led Headlights for high and low beam with great success. They are very bright, with no warm up process, no flicker, and great color temperature.

I did install regular digital HIDs in my fog lights though, and never had an issue with them.

I highly recommend the led headlight bulbs.

Good luck bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am a budget guy as well and have my share of HID problems in the past. Spent the money with Jeremy at RetroShop and do not regret it at all. No issues going on 6 months now.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had similar issues with the low budget kit. I went with Enlight kit with no issues. The reason i went with them is no wiring harness or relays, Complete plug and play.

OP
OP
Buffalogue

Buffalogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Once you leave halogen... you never go back.
I have a pretty inexpensive system myself but in addition to purchasing digital ballasts, which are supposed to eliminate the need for warning cancelers, to play it safe I still used the cancelers and a relay kit. I havent had a problem since I installed them other than not being happy with the color temp. Worst case, you can try triggering it through the parking lights but I will still recommend at least the use of a relay for the HID system. I hope that helps somehow. Did you use anything other than the kit and are you only having problems with the low beams?

All I have used is the kit and it included some canbus adapters. And yes, the problem is only on my low beams. High's and fogs are working just great.

I had the same exact issue two years ago with my 2012 2500 with quad beams. I resorted to going back to halogens for two miserable years with no hope of solving my issue.

A month and a half ago, I installed opt7 led Headlights for high and low beam with great success. They are very bright, with no warm up process, no flicker, and great color temperature.

I did install regular digital HIDs in my fog lights though, and never had an issue with them.

I highly recommend the led headlight bulbs.

Good luck bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome man! Ill have to keep that in mind! As of right now i am leaning towards an HID kit. I know there is a warm-up with them, but i like that there are no hot spots and the light pattern being identical to stock. The LEDs have got me thinking though :)

I am a budget guy as well and have my share of HID problems in the past. Spent the money with Jeremy at RetroShop and do not regret it at all. No issues going on 6 months now.

That's good to hear bud! I have looked at the RetoShop as an option in the past and I have heard only good things. Looking at the prices, which aren't the worst, I think I will use them as a last resort. Maybe I'm just being cheep.

I had similar issues with the low budget kit. I went with Enlight kit with no issues. The reason i went with them is no wiring harness or relays, Complete plug and play.

Oh heck yeah!! I went to their website and check them out, not too shabby! The cost seems reasonable, and if it doesn't work, there return policy is straight forward. I just may put in an order with them today. Thanks buddy!!

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had a few problems with my HID's.... one my fault, the other not. I got new ballasts and a relay from the Retro Shop... no issues since.

OP
OP
Buffalogue

Buffalogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
I've had a few problems with my HID's.... one my fault, the other not. I got new ballasts and a relay from the Retro Shop... no issues since.

Ok cool! Mark up another point for RetoShop. They seem to be pretty popular here. Thanks for the suggestion man!

OP
OP
Buffalogue

Buffalogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC 4x4
Engine

How long have you been running the Enlight HID kit?

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long have you been running the Enlight HID kit?

The kit has been in for 2 weeks. I have noticed the output is a better, no flickering or dash messages. I'm very happy with the results. looks like the fogs are next.

Elvira

Reaction score
I have been searching forums for problems with hid's, I installed with the plug and play kit for 2015 ram low beam projector, I know that year is notorious for a very picky canbus system....but they only lasted 15 minutes, flashed once came on and off and never came back on. I reset canbus and replaced with stock bulbs again, emailed absolutehid here in Canada, never heard from them again. Wont return to hid bulbs, once bitten, you know the saying. Live chat with them, they said out of 50 units sold, I was only one with problem, what does that mean ? Seems Absolutehid here in Canada is fraudulent with no warranty or assistance. Perhaps I will look at high quality halogen bulbs from Sylvania ?

Usedpartsking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having the same issue. I used diode dynamics kits been working great for 2 years changed ballast anti flicker module and bulbs still nothing. Any help would b great. These trucks headlamps aren’t fused either. Gone try to put a halogen build in this weekend to see if it works... does anyone have a plug diagram for a projector light?