How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
So quick questions just purchased a 15 2500 6.4l and just read the whole thread. I'm assuming it doesn't matter whether the cluster came out of a 1500 or 2500 correct? wanting to do this mod

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So quick questions just purchased a 15 2500 6.4l and just read the whole thread. I'm assuming it doesn't matter whether the cluster came out of a 1500 or 2500 correct? wanting to do this mod

Correct. As long as it came out of a gasser than it will work. I have a 2015 2500 6.4L and my cluster came out of a 2013 1500 5.7L. Only thing that doesn't work is the tpms. But I don't care about that. It's more of a pain in the ass then anything

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
If anyone needs 7" Clusters, I have 6) 7" Gas Clusters and 1) Limited 3.0L EcoDiesel 7" Cluster. $425/each shipped.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested! Just did my upgrade from the RA3 to RA4 and now ready for the 7 cluster for my 14 big horn. Sending pm for details on gas clusters you have and payment preferences.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone needs 7" Clusters, I have 6) 7" Gas Clusters and 1) Limited 3.0L EcoDiesel 7" Cluster. $425/each shipped.
Are these still available? Definetly want one if so..

Cobra2top

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Brilliant Black Crew
Engine
Anyone with a lease do this mod? I really want to do this but if I do turn it in vs buying out, what kind of issue would I have with the dealer?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't do it on a lease unless you are 100% sure you are keeping the truck. The mileage is stored in the cluster. It might be noticed that the cluster is changed when you turn the truck back in. They might dispute your mileage. That being said I have had my truck to the dealer four times for warranty work and they never even noticed untill my last visit and seemed to have no problem with it. I didn't lease my truck. If I had I would have thought it through a little more. I guess it would all depend weather or not your dealer would notice and if they would care. It is a cool mod. It would be a tough decision. Could come back to bite you.

Cobra2top

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Brilliant Black Crew
Engine
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Could get sticky if they really wanted to call me on it. Looks like I need to wait.....bummer!

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are definitely hard to find lately! Keeping my budget for the mod ready to jump as soon as I can find one. [emoji39] looking forward to this last interior update.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bill....did you try Car-Part.com? I have bought two from that site. You can get them from there. Just make sure you have them send you a picture before you buy it. There is some confusion on the 13 plus speedometers because the base and the premium both have information screens. If you check there every few days you will find one. As long as its a gas MPH speedo the 13 14 or 15 will work. My truck is a 14 but my speedometer came out of a 13 and works fine.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just scored a 2014 7" cluster for $150 from car-part.. [emoji39] .
It will need a new lens, but for that price.. IL just use my current one when I swap it out. [emoji12]

Last edited:

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine installed.. love it! 7000 or so miles on it so I'll have it programmed shortly. A quick test drive ( im tracking miles difference for programming) All looks good with the display. I do see that a quick nav test, I don't get turns in the display. . Minor to be but maybe cause truck VIN has RA3 so not programmed to send nav to display.
ec9447ab1b799923e2e8bde3dc542e58.jpg

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your Nav will come up in your display. It only comes on about a thousand feet or so before you are going to make a turn. Once you get going it will start working. Some of the units have an option to turn the navigating display in the cluster on and off. It is taken away in the later Firmware updates and is on automatically on all the time. Don't drive it to much untill you have it programed you want your mileage on your P.C.M and your cluster to match in case you ever have an issue with warranty or anything else. Looks nice! Your gonna love it.

Last edited:

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks , ill keep thay in mind. I love it either way really, just been paying with the settings . Sooooooooo many options above and beyond the 3.5. Agree on all the comments; Changes the whole look inside! [emoji3]

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting set to have it programned.. any thought between using Nav2go or instrument cluster shop ?

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Getting set to have it programned.. any thought between using Nav2go or instrument cluster shop ?

I used ICS, never had a problem.

-JT

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your Nav will come up in your display. It only comes on about a thousand feet or so before you are going to make a turn. Once you get going it will start working. Some of the units have an option to turn the navigating display in the cluster on and off. It is taken away in the later Firmware updates and is on automatically on all the time. Don't drive it to much untill you have it programed you want your mileage on your P.C.M and your cluster to match in case you ever have an issue with warranty or anything else. Looks nice! Your gonna love it.
Kept it hooked up over the weekend to be sure it works fully.. and it's so cool looking.. ready to get it adjusted as mentioned but interestingly nav in the display never worked. Did a couple of short drives and used navigation back home, it called out the turns, " in 1000 feet turn..." but display never changed from the speedometer I had currently selected to show. I will a factory reset of the RA4 later. Not a big deal, as I'm happy overall but wondering why it's acting as if not enabled. I have the 15 uconnect update. So no option to select this feature any longer that I'm aware of.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Did you do a reset on the cluster itself? I forget where but it also has an option to reset to factory settings.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not on the cluster, although i saw the menu option. Was kind of hesitant until I was ready to ship to ICS.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kept it hooked up over the weekend to be sure it works fully.. and it's so cool looking.. ready to get it adjusted as mentioned but interestingly nav in the display never worked. Did a couple of short drives and used navigation back home, it called out the turns, " in 1000 feet turn..." but display never changed from the speedometer I had currently selected to show. I will a factory reset of the RA4 later. Not a big deal, as I'm happy overall but wondering why it's acting as if not enabled. I have the 15 uconnect update. So no option to select this feature any longer that I'm aware of.

I Saw your unit and it looks like it has the latest Firmware. That is strange. Did you go into your settings and see if you can turn it on or off in there? I know that we lost the ability to turn it on or off in few updates ago but not sure which one it was. When I first got mine I could turn it on and off untill I updated to 14 25.5. Also are you sure you unit is out of a ram? Not sure if that would make a difference or not. Also maybe a factory reset on the radio. My truck came with the RA2 and I switched to the RA4 and I have the turn by turn so I know it's got nothing to fo with an option code.