How To: 13-14 premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Karstensdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Premium cluster

If anyone stumbles across one for sale, please let me know. I cant find one anywhere.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If anyone stumbles across one for sale, please let me know. I cant find one anywhere.

See my thread in the for sale section I have one with just over 11k for sale.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
OK, I've gone thru this thread, and still have some questions before I consider going down this path.....

Does this work if you just have uConnect 3.0?
I assume I'd need to go 2013+ Diesel for mine?
Did we ever figure out if 4x4 actually displayed?
What about Tow/Haul and Exhaust Brake?
Does it work with the steering wheels with just 4 buttons on each side?
Who is doing this mileage adjustment? (it'd probably be worth $200 to me).

And, if you get one with 0 miles (or fewer than your vehicle), seems there could be a way to send the right voltages down a wire to get it to increment. Might take a few weeks though. Maybe?

wangatang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
OK, I've gone thru this thread, and still have some questions before I consider going down this path.....

Does this work if you just have uConnect 3.0?
I assume I'd need to go 2013+ Diesel for mine?
Did we ever figure out if 4x4 actually displayed?
What about Tow/Haul and Exhaust Brake?
Does it work with the steering wheels with just 4 buttons on each side?
Who is doing this mileage adjustment? (it'd probably be worth $200 to me).

And, if you get one with 0 miles (or fewer than your vehicle), seems there could be a way to send the right voltages down a wire to get it to increment. Might take a few weeks though. Maybe?

I'm in the same boat as you, uconnect 3.0 and a diesel. I'd love to do the swap, just not sure if I'd lose the evic options if I swap the cluster. not a huge deal I suppose, since I've only gone into those settings once.

I think there are other companies that reset the clusters, dealer might be able to do it too.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I'm in the same boat as you, uconnect 3.0 and a diesel. I'd love to do the swap, just not sure if I'd lose the evic options if I swap the cluster. not a huge deal I suppose, since I've only gone into those settings once.

I think there are other companies that reset the clusters, dealer might be able to do it too.

Dealer won't. Anyone who's asked a dealer got pushed off to an independent company. That or was told to order a brand new one and give up your SAME 7" cluster or pay a core. Most of us used Instrument Cluster Store. I bet to make the 7" EVIC work it may require you to install a uConnect 5.0 head unit. Maybe.... But I'm no expert.

wangatang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Dealer won't. Anyone who's asked a dealer got pushed off to an independent company. That or was told to order a brand new one and give up your SAME 7" cluster or pay a core. Most of us used Instrument Cluster Store. I bet to make the 7" EVIC work it may require you to install a uConnect 5.0 head unit. Maybe.... But I'm no expert.

thanks Jared

will they adjust the engine hours too, or just the miles?

OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple questions for those of you who have got your mileage corrected sucessfully.

How did you know exactly what mileage and hours you would be at when you reinstalled the cluster? Did you just over estimate slightly and drive until it matched excatly? Or just put it in with whatever mileage/hours they programmed?
My experience with it is if it is not exact it shows a long number on the " engine hours" screen

I would want the mileage/hours stored in the PCM to be whats displayed but I'm not sure how that would be possible unless they had the truck at their facility.

Also has anyone thrown their stock cluster back in after driving for a while? any weird numbers on the engine hours or odometer?

Eventually if I trade the truck in I'll put the stock cluster back in and need to have the stock cluster corrected to reflect the current mileage. Thats why I am curious.

BTW: I've driven with the premium cluster for about 3300mi and have had no issues :)

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I set up some proportions to figure where I'd need to have them set. I was only waiting a few days roundtrip for the cluster so I estimated a bit high and told them those numbers.

Last edited:

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I set up some proportions to figure where I'd need to have them set. I was only waiting a few days roundtrip for the cluster so I estimated a bit high and told them those numbers.

Pretty much what I did. I overestimated by 4 miles and drive hours were only high by 1. Not worried about it, pretty dam close.

Only way to get the PCM and cluster Miles to hopefully match is if you sent the new cluster off and didn't drive your truck at all till it got back.

Why would the cluster show "weird" numbers? The PCM and cluster respectively hold their own numbers and dont affect each other.

Last edited:

Bizjettech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Easiest mod I have ever done and well worth it! New cluster is awesome. I have the uconnect 5.0 with steering wheel controls on my 2014 express so it was as easy as removing 4 screws, disconnecting plug from the back and reverse the procedure to install the new cluster. It is light years better than my original. I highly recommend doing this mod.

nbbowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easiest mod I have ever done and well worth it! New cluster is awesome. I have the uconnect 5.0 with steering wheel controls on my 2014 express so it was as easy as removing 4 screws, disconnecting plug from the back and reverse the procedure to install the new cluster. It is light years better than my original. I highly recommend doing this mod.

I'd love to I just cant find one