HOW TO: 2013+ LED Tails into a 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the part numbers for the connector and pins for the connector circled in red in this picture?

taillight harness.jpg

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have installed my 2013 LED Sport tails onto my 2015 Ram 1500. I made adapters per the instructions found in this thread and the part numbers provided by 00R/T. Thanks for the information and work that went into figuring this out.

One item I noted with my installation. I did not install load resistors in my harness and do not have any errors or hyper flash issues, the tails works as they should and I'm not sure why! I also have not set the LED tail options with AlfaOBD.

ricky_bobby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
^Would you have enough parts to make another set? And did you add the wire for the "fault sense?"

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^Would you have enough parts to make another set? And did you add the wire for the "fault sense?"
No, sorry. I don't have any extra parts left. I did not add the fault sense wire.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
¿Qué cableado de calibre usó para estas partes que enumero r / t00 son para un conjunto de luces traseras o es solo para una

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
4.1 LED TAIL SIDE WIRING

If you sourced the LED pigtail from a junkyard, you will need to move one pin, and remove and discard another, as they are not all in the correct location for the 2013+ LED Tail Lights. Below is a picture of the contact that must be moved and removed and discarded.

Does anybody have a pic of what he's talking about?

OP
OP
E

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody have a pic of what he's talking about?

I can't edit my original posting from 7 years ago! (That is an engineers' cheerful attempt at sarcasm! :) )

Here's the original pic for that step:
Pic #3.jpg

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Tyler Welch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I just installed the 4TH GEN RAM TAIL LIGHT ADAPTER (V2.0) purchased from Retroshop with a set of led tail lights. I'm currently getting a parking light out and reverse light out. Everything is functioning correctly after install. To get these messages to go away do I need to change anything with AlphaOBD? I have not changed any settings yet.

Thanks in advance.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I just installed the 4TH GEN RAM TAIL LIGHT ADAPTER (V2.0) purchased from Retroshop with a set of led tail lights. I'm currently getting a parking light out and reverse light out. Everything is functioning correctly after install. To get these messages to go away do I need to change anything with AlphaOBD? I have not changed any settings yet.

Thanks in advance.
I had to set mine in alfaobd to led. I've set everything to led and so far zero issues. I also made my own adapter harness, not sure that makes a difference or not though.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Thanks in advance.
You shouldn't need to change anything with those adapters from Jeremy. (I had the v1 w/ large resistors on my 13 ram 1500).

Did you contact him to ask about it?

M² Mods.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I can't edit my original posting from 7 years ago! (That is an engineers' cheerful attempt at sarcasm! :) )

Here's the original pic for that step:
View attachment 198606

Never got around to saying thank you..

It was a fun project and got the lights working after a few trial and errors. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead